Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discipline - Chaos Out Of Order 2013 rerelease

I just received the disc from CD Baby. I like this a lot more than I expected (which was based on my initial listen of the short samples on Amazon.com). I also appreciated Matthew's description of how the band formed and details of the recording process and equipment used. I definitely understand his reluctance to release these early recordings. To me, it's a fascinating record of the early days of 3 of 4 of the band members (he notes that Matthew Kennedy is not present, having just started out on bass).

A follow-up... I've listened to this several times and I continue to be impressed. While I find 'Man & Locust', 'Wrists', and 'Peacemaker' the most interesting songs, the remainder of the album is very good. It may be 25 years old and I'm guessing Matthew was very young (he mentioned in the liner notes that he was "under-age" when the band initially got together), the music and lyrics are surprisingly mature and the recording is not bad at all. I've heard 'Wrists' before (a version is on the 'Live Days' release), but everything else is new to me. It's an excellent addition to my library of Discipline CDs.