Thread: Anathema on tour in fall (Philly, VA, etc.)

Anathema on tour in fall (Philly, VA, etc.)

I know some folks here really (REALLY) enjoyed the last Anathema album...well, they are coming through on tour it seems.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/485588-anathema

Probably other dates as well, but this is a start I suppose.

Just FYI...

Thank you! Hope they play in NY. If not, Philly it is!

If you scroll down a bit it shows 21 dates (incl NYC & Chicago).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Yeah, mea culpa on the truncated list above. Was on my tablet and experiencing the joys of cut & paste weirdness ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    If you scroll down a bit it shows 21 dates (incl NYC & Chicago).
    The Chicago show is the same night as the Steve Hackett Chicago Prog Night show. Talk about bad timing......

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The Chicago show is the same night as the Steve Hackett Chicago Prog Night show. Talk about bad timing......

Steve Sly
    Steve, think I'll opt for the Anathema show. What's your take on the two?
    The older I get, the better I was.

I have a ticket for Minneapolis, within a week of seeing both The Dear Hunter and Typhoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Steve, think I'll opt for the Anathema show. What's your take on the two?
    I already have tickets for Hackett. I would probably consider trying to catch the Flint Michigan show, but have a work conflict.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I already have tickets for Hackett. I would probably consider trying to catch the Flint Michigan show, but have a work conflict.

Steve Sly
    Yes, an unfortunate situation but at this point, I seem to find Anathema a more intriguing performance. Maybe it's because I've seen several clips and lots of threads on Hackett.
    The older I get, the better I was.

I'm blown away by the fact that they're coming to Denver! SO psyched to see the full band and I hope they do a lot from their last two albums which are so amazing. I saw the two brothers open for Blackfield, but really want the full experience of the whole band.

Note that they are co-headlining with Alcest who I hadn't heard of before, but have just gotten their latest release and am enjoying it. Should be a wonderful show and I'm so grateful that they're coming to Colorado, too!

Steve Hackett is playing the night before as well at the Arcada in St. Charles. So let's see, Hackett on Friday, Anathema on Saturday and Hackett again in Milwaukee on Sunday. Almost forgot about Sound of Contact on Thursday at the Arcada (rumor). Whew...

Quote Originally Posted by MR654 View Post
    Steve Hackett is playing the night before as well at the Arcada in St. Charles. So let's see, Hackett on Friday, Anathema on Saturday and Hackett again in Milwaukee on Sunday. Almost forgot about Sound of Contact on Thursday at the Arcada (rumor). Whew...
    Maybe I have somethine wrong, but I am pretty sure Hackett and Anathema are both playing on Saturday.

Steve Sly

Steve, you are correct that Anathema and Hackett are both playing in the Chicago area on Saturday Sept 21st, but there is also a Hackett show on Friday night which actually went on sale first, then Saturday was added. Don't know if the Friday show is sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by MR654 View Post
    Steve, you are correct that Anathema and Hackett are both playing in the Chicago area on Saturday Sept 21st, but there is also a Hackett show on Friday night which actually went on sale first, then Saturday was added. Don't know if the Friday show is sold out.
    I alreday have tickets for the Saturday Hackett show and Friday is out for me due to work. My lead is on vacation for 2 weeks in September and she and I can't take vacation at the same time. Unfortunately this is also going to cut me out of going to any of the Sounds Of Contact or Anathema shows (although I will be seeing SOC at ProgDay). These are both tours that I would really like to be able to support, but the timing couldn't have worked out worse for me unfortunately.

Steve Sly