Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound of Contact: Dimesionaut - CD Reviews

Hey PE -- seems every time I post lately this progmeister has something to say without knowing the facts.

He accused us of posting a paid review and when one of the band members confirmed that he went ahead and labelled us a whore... why, because we accept advertising like every other magazine and commercial website out there.

I won't dignify his ignorance with any more responses... just wanted to apologize to the board apologize for getting a little hot-headed...

We love the Sound of Contact disc -- that's why we posted a review -- just trying to spread the word!

All the best.

RRL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lwpmedia View Post
    Hey PE -- seems every time I post lately this progmeister has something to say without knowing the facts.

He accused us of posting a paid review and when one of the band members confirmed that he went ahead and labelled us a whore... why, because we accept advertising like every other magazine and commercial website out there.

I won't dignify his ignorance with any more responses... just wanted to apologize to the board apologize for getting a little hot-headed...

We love the Sound of Contact disc -- that's why we posted a review -- just trying to spread the word!

All the best.

RRL
    You should probably message that to one of the mods, so they can help you better.

Whenever it's possible to handle something with class and take the high road even in the face of criticism that's always commendable. But, we're all human (and we're not in-human haha) so things can easily get emotional if the finger is pointed at us. It's understandable and maybe even justifiable in some people's eyes to retaliate but... does it get the result you want? Does it make anything better? That's the question we often forget to ask ourselves when we do things. Clarification in a debate is one thing. Name calling is another. But, most of us (myself included) have at least been tempted if not completely lured to that level! haha. It can happen to you, it can happen to me, it can happen to everyone eventually (except the Dalai Lama... he seems to have that under control!)

Anyway, I think most people reading are able to understand that lwpmedia does a variety of things with his site and that most sites and magazines need the support of the community and/or advertisers or clients for services. That doesn't mean it's a fair assumption that the reviews on his site are part of some sort of service. I know for a fact that this one wasn't. I really appreciate what your intentions were RRL and I think it's a great review. Thank you. I hope you feel good about it.

yeah, i am mystified at the negativity this post generated. anyone that is helping to promote progressive music should be commended for the effort.

thanks for the review. this is a great album. it's one of those that i have to restrain myself from playing constantly as to not burn it out!

rick..

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    yeah, i am mystified at the negativity this post generated. anyone that is helping to promote progressive music should be commended for the effort.
    So much this.

Whatever it takes to get people to listen to this album. It's sublime.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    Maybe the guy that reacted in a negative way to the opening post isn't a SOC fan?

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Maybe the guy that reacted in a negative way to the opening post isn't a SOC fan?
    I don't think so. If that was the case why would he say "Now I personally love this album myself"?

Everyone has an opinion and his criticism is that he thought it was spam or some kind of marketing "paid for" thing. But, it's since been clarified that this was not the case. It's safe to say we can move on from there at this point... one would hope anyway! Give them both a break.

So... to be useful, since this thread is supposed to be about reviews of this album here's another one that someone showed us the other day: http://progreport.com/2013/06/28/sound-of-contact/

Why all the **** throwing? All I know is Dimesionaut is one of the best new releases of the year! Right up there with Lifesigns, and The Raven That Refused to Sing, and Big Big Train's newest. I can't wait to see the tour here in Atlanta on August 29!!! Keep up the good work guys! This music lover really appreciates your efforts!

See you at the show!!!

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    "SoundPress.net works with a select handful of the best independent music acts in a wide variety of genres. Refresh this queue to see all of our most recent music promotion and publicity clients.

GET GREAT MUSIC PROMOTION: We're always seeking the best indie bands and artists to help promote though our unique "music publicity system" on the site including airplay, CD review and high profile exposure. Use the links below to join and see what our past clients have to say about us!"

This is from your own site. You can't be a credible music blog and a PR for hire company. Mixing Church and State.
    I'm not going to delve into specifics here, but if you do a combination of Google and Wayback Machine searches for Soundpress and Kweevak in various iterations plus postings in different forums over the years then some things come to light that one might regard as sketchy.

PS: The SOC album is killer!