Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ReR Summer Sale on, lots of cheap goodies.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Got my order in the USA today. Woo woo.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Got my order in the USA today. Woo woo.
    That was fast! Still waiting on mine...

chalkpie
    THE RECOMMENDED SAMPLER: (double CD) 1 £5.00 £5.00
    NEWS FROM BABEL: Sirens and Silences: Work Resumed on The Tower 1 £5.00 £5.00
    NEWS FROM BABEL: Letters Home 1 £5.00 £5.00
    BOB DRAKE: Bob's Drive-in 1 £5.00 £5.00
    5UU's: Crisis In Clay 1 £5.00 £5.00
    ANGELI, PAOLO: NITA. L'Angelo sul Trapezio
    COOPER, LINDSAY: Rags/The Golddiggers 1 £5.00 £5.00
    GLANDIEN, LUTZ : The 5th Elephant 1 £5.00 £5.00
    MOORE, R STEVIE: Phonography 1 £5.00 £5.00
    TICKMAYER, STEVAN: Cold Peace 1 £5.00 £5.00
    HOMOSEXUALS, THE : The Homosexuals CD 1 £5.00 £5.00

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    THE RECOMMENDED SAMPLER: (double CD) 1 £5.00 £5.00
    NEWS FROM BABEL: Sirens and Silences: Work Resumed on The Tower 1 £5.00 £5.00
    NEWS FROM BABEL: Letters Home 1 £5.00 £5.00
    BOB DRAKE: Bob's Drive-in 1 £5.00 £5.00
    5UU's: Crisis In Clay 1 £5.00 £5.00
    ANGELI, PAOLO: NITA. L'Angelo sul Trapezio
    COOPER, LINDSAY: Rags/The Golddiggers 1 £5.00 £5.00
    GLANDIEN, LUTZ : The 5th Elephant 1 £5.00 £5.00
    MOORE, R STEVIE: Phonography 1 £5.00 £5.00
    TICKMAYER, STEVAN: Cold Peace 1 £5.00 £5.00
    HOMOSEXUALS, THE : The Homosexuals CD 1 £5.00 £5.00
    My wife is just gonna LOVE this shit!

Just thought to see if the sale is still on-
    Not only it is still active, but many MANY items added to the sale!
    Damn, I have about 15 cds in my cart right now...

Browsing through the ReR website I couldn't help but realize I actually hardly know the later day RER catalog. It seems that the new millennium brought a whole roster of artists that went completely under my radar Paolo Angeli Tod Dockstader , Aki Peltonen, Brain Woodbury' ,Nikola Kodjabashia,Peter Cusack ,Robert Iolini , Steve Maclean ,Rieman, Dalaba, Dempster , Lauren Weinger , Ilaiyaraaja,Vincenzo Vasi & Giorgio Pacorig , Király Ernő ,Elio Martusciello , Nadia Ratsimandresy & Matteo Ramon Arevalos , Lesego Rampolokeng ,Michael Vogt
    So anyone here care to share some thought or opinions about these artists ?

chalkpie
    I just added more. Don't tell the wife, nor show her the Visa bill. Please. Thanks. Bye.

GLANDIEN, LUTZ: Lost in Rooms - ReRLG3
    1 £5.00 £5.00
    HAIL: Kirk - ReRHCD2
    1 £5.00 £5.00
    MARTUSCIELLO, ELIO: Unoccupied Areas - ReREM1
    1 £5.00 £5.00
    NORMA with CHRIS CUTLER: The Harp and the Donkey - ReRNORMA1
    1 £5.00 £5.00
    VRIL [Bob Drake, Lukas Simonis, Chris Cutler]: Effigies in Cork - ReRVRIL1
    1 £5.00 £5.00

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I just added more. Don't tell the wife, nor show her the Visa bill. Please. Thanks. Bye.

GLANDIEN, LUTZ: Lost in Rooms - ReRLG3
    1 £5.00 £5.00
    HAIL: Kirk - ReRHCD2
    1 £5.00 £5.00
    NORMA with CHRIS CUTLER: The Harp and the Donkey - ReRNORMA1
    1 £5.00 £5.00
    Frankie these are some of my favorite RER releases
    Make sure you have Lut's Gladiens - The 5th Elephant too

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    Frankie these are some of my favorite RER releases
    Make sure you have Lut's Gladiens - The 5th Elephant too
    I bought these on your rec, sir, thanks mate. I also ordered a bunch more, I listed them on this thread earlier.

chalkpie
    *hump*

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    Browsing through the ReR website I couldn't help but realize I actually hardly know the later day RER catalog. It seems that the new millennium brought a whole roster of artists that went completely under my radar Paolo Angeli, Tod Dockstader [...] Nikola Kodjabashia [...] Steve Maclean [...] Nadia Ratsimandresy & Matteo Ramon Arevalos. So anyone here care to share some thought or opinions about these artists ?
    Angeli is a virtuoso of the quite rare (but yet traditional) Sardinian grand guitar, which he has enhanced and reconstructed into something completely unique and seems to have developed his very own compositional mode for as well. Like I stated earlier, Nita is one of my fave modern day releases by ReR overall; a headmovie sporting highly varying angles to production techniques, instrumental ensemble forms (including the keysplayer from Deus Ex Machina and Specchio, plus Mirko Sabatini from Vakki Plakkula), contextual settings in sound etc. Extraordinary. But I've heard two or three of his other releases as well, and they are all different and interesting.

Dockstader is a cut'n'paste and noise/samples composer, working in the realm of montage/collage and sonic sculptures.

Kodjabashia is an ex-Yugoslav (Slovenia or Macedonia, I believe?) contemporary composer who is additionally influenced by modern folk interpretations, cinematic electroacoustics and even the odd post-rock reference. His works are highly engaging and intriguing, but apparently rather humble and simple in expression.

MacLean is a music professor (Berklee?), guitarist and pianist. He used to play secondante to Nick Didkovsky in Doctor Nerve for a while, but left and delivered a string of somewhat eccentric experimental albums (some near-chamberrock'ish, but also an album donning compositions for frog, bug and guitar). I listen to his stuff now and then, but it's definitely an acquired taste even for the - er - ReR "masses".

The Ratsimandresy is a full record of Messiaen pieces performed mainly on the Onde Martenot. I personally love this release; of course, when ReR issues some Messiaen it's done with a serious twist - otherwise it wouldn't be ReR!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Angeli is a virtuoso of the quite rare (but yet traditional) Sardinian grand guitar, which he has enhanced and reconstructed into something completely unique and seems to have developed his very own compositional mode for as well. Like I stated earlier, Nita is one of my fave modern day releases by ReR overall; a headmovie sporting highly varying angles to production techniques, instrumental ensemble forms (including the keysplayer from Deus Ex Machina and Specchio, plus Mirko Sabatini from Vakki Plakkula), contextual settings in sound etc. Extraordinary. But I've heard two or three of his other releases as well, and they are all different and interesting.

The Ratsimandresy is a full record of Messiaen pieces performed mainly on the Onde Martenot. I personally love this release; of course, when ReR issues some Messiaen it's done with a serious twist - otherwise it wouldn't be ReR!
    Thanks man I will definitely check these out

Thanks for the reminder.
    Got the sampler and a few others that will cause the wife and dogs a bit of puzzlement.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

So not only is the sale still going on they just added a lot of things like The Work.