Thread: Firefox ~ why did it take me so long!

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar

Firefox ~ why did it take me so long!

For months (well, probably years actually) I had heard whispers of this underground web browser. Of course, if was "open source", not underground. It just seemed too different, too on-the-fringe. Too....underground. And...it was NOT the mighty microsoft. I'll stay put thank you.

Well, fast forward to a couple months back, and after being frustrated with IE, I thought...perhaps it's time I take the plunge...into the 17th century and try this firefox thing. The result? There's no turning back baby! Why did it take me so long? It loads faster upon opening, browsing is faster, and....it's NOT microsoft.

Thank you Mozilla!

A lot of folks like it. I prefer Google Chrome, very fast, runs in a sandbox, remembers the last pages you visited upon reopening, and on and on. It's all just preference really. I even turned off the Java plugin and it works fine.

I switched to Firefox many, many years ago. Almost forgot what I.E. looks like...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

i prefer Chrome too but before that i used FF. don't remember why i made the switch - probably had something to do with Flash not working but lately Chrome has had the same issues. i like Chromes Bookmark Manager and pin-able tabs. others have the tabs too but not the BM.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Love the possibility to install add-ons. Noscript and adblock are especially useful: goodbye ads and dodgy scripts!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm not crazy about Firefox. At least on my PC I have a problem where if I have to shut it down, I often havt to either wait a long time or manually stop the Firefox service so I can restart Firefox. I just don't find it much different from Windows, but it might depend on your system. Glad you like it though.

I far prefer Firefox to any other browser on my computer(s). Chrome works better on my Android phone (big surprise there ) but for PCs, it’s Firefox all the way.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

‘“What blow, Goblin?” said Corinius.’ --E. R. Eddison

N.P.:“City Girl”=Joan Armatrading/Whatever’s for Us

IE is pretty much the standard of shitty browsers. I am not a developer, but I know many who can't stand it and find it the biggest pain.

My dad has an odd problem with the new version of Firefox on the Mac: Sudoku - which he frequently plays - appears squeezed sideways. The grid of numbers, and every space in it, comes out about twice as tall as it is wide. This does not happen on his Windows machine.

I used Firefox for years but it started freezing on me a couple years ago. So now I just use it for my morning comics and pron sites cuz it still has the bookmarks that lock on the left side. Everything else I do on Chrome. But now Chrome is having trouble loading on both my desktop and laptop, especially for gmail and that's ridiculous. I suspect it has something to do with the DNS and I just don't want to bother learning how to fix that. It might be back to FF for me.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    My dad has an odd problem with the new version of Firefox on the Mac: Sudoku - which he frequently plays - appears squeezed sideways. The grid of numbers, and every space in it, comes out about twice as tall as it is wide. This does not happen on his Windows machine.
    There ya have it: Apple sucks.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm using Palemoon... like Firefox in most ways...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    There ya have it: Apple sucks.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sudoku/

Next!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

i use both chrome and firefox ,depends on my mood