Thread: Grey Lady Down looking for new vocalist

Grey Lady Down looking for new vocalist

Hello,

GLD reformed a couple of years ago, and after doing a number of gigs playing the old stuff we set about working on the new album. The instrumental parts have mostly been written, but unfortunately our singer Martin has had to leave the band.

So, we're looking for a vocalist with a strong melodic sense to help us finish the album. Full details for what we are after can be found here:

www.greyladydown.net/vox/

If you're interested, or know anyone that might be, please get in contact at piers@greyladydown.net.

Thanks,

Piers.

So, is the band willing to relocate to North Texas? - If So, I'm ready to audition!

Cheers!

Well, I've never been to Texas!

Sadly, some of the other guys in the band have those annoying things called day jobs (not to mention wives!), which might make relocation a little tricky.

Seriously though, we've got an album of stuff ready for the right voice. It's a bit of a departure from what the band were doing in the '90s (i.e. a lot less Neo!), and we're pretty excited about it. We'd been planning on getting into a recording studio over the summer, it was just the wrong time to lose our singer.

Piers.

Hello,

After holding auditions in the summer, we tried out a new singer for a few months, but it didn't work out.

We are, therefore, looking again.

If you think you might be the right person* for the job, please get in touch, contact details are the same as in my previous post.

Thanks,

Piers.

*Male or female, we're not restricting ourselves

Go instrumental.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Yves,

We have talked about that, and I quite like the idea. The argument is, though, that audiences generally like to see bands with singers, and prog is a hard enough thing to sell in the first place without limiting your appeal even further.

Yes, I know there are acts out there that have gone down that route successfully, but the material we've written so far has spaces left in it for vocals (not a lot though!).

If we can get a singer that fits, great, if not we'll rethink.

Piers.

Once again, a good band in need of a singer.. I can do it, but the drive will kill me.

Good luck gentlemen, great music.

Randy
    Of course, not being of the daily persuasion in this opinion laden public prog bathhouse, my diatribe of recent lucubration is perhaps as welcome as a rats teat. One often is forced to weigh the desire to flash judgment within against the effort required as well as the value this knowledge will be to the greater good of all mankind or whatever inhabits the current spa. At best, its a slippery slope.

Wanna' really freak people out? Find a (good polyrhythmic flow) rapper

bad idea, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    bad idea, eh?
    Hmm... I'm not a big fan of rap, I'm afraid!

On taht note, Sean (GLD's bass player) just got me into Pain Of Salvation. I've been a Flower Kings fan for years, and love Daniel's singing with them (e.g. A Vampire's View), but I hadn't heard his own band. Love it, but the 'euro-rap' on Scarsick makes me cringe a little. Someone said "Rock me Amadeus" and I've been traumatised ever since...

Anyway, enough of that!

We did some auditions in January, but are still looking, so if anyone knows a suitable singer, please let us know.

Since I was last here we've uploaded a demo of one of the new tracks to Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/grey_lady_down

Regards,

Piers.

If I lived in the UK(which is where I think GLD is based)I would give it a go but I'm not so......But good luck in your search. I know he or she is out there somewhere.