Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Journey Into Tokyo's Prog-Rock and Krautrock Museum

I like the CD-rack with "classical/new-age/relaxation/avant-garde" in it. I guess that collects the best of Yanni and Merzbow in a bin. Leave it to the nippons to entwine those threads.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

My jaw is on the floor with those museum shots... it's like the baseball hall fame, only krautrock. Unreal.

Here is the third and last chapter of my Tokyo Record Store diary -- Reco-Fan and Rare records. These stores are as good as the rest, with lots of prog.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=cf1ac34497

Hey, I asked on FB, but I'll ask here, as well...any idea how many discs you ended up buying?

Fripp looked like he was a Japanese guy.

Cool museum.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Hey, I asked on FB, but I'll ask here, as well...any idea how many discs you ended up buying?
    Umm, ermm, let's just say it'll be baked beans and toast for dinner for awhile.

Heh. Understood. Hey, that happens to me after an Amoeba visit, so I can only imagine........

I went there today. They were playing Ashra Temple over the sound system.
    It's a very odd exhibit to be bang smack in the middle of a major tourist attraction. In fact, it was empty at first until a few music nerds turned up including an obnoxious American who was chest beating over the AC/DC part of the exhibit.
    The shop had plenty of krautrock CDs for sale and well as T shirts and posters.

Amazing! Would never have guessed that such a thing even existed (the museum)... awesome Tower records too. GREAT photos man.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I was highly amused by a family who walked into the museum with huge "WTF is this about!?" cartoon bubbles before immediately leaving. :-)

I went there probably for the last time yesterday. I filmed a bit for commemoration.