Thread: Cardiacs: Thumpermonkey - Sanguine Hum - Sterbus

Cardiacs related: Thumpermonkey - Sanguine Hum - Sterbus

Tim Smith benefit scheduled for 2nd November in Kingston-upon-Thames.

Thumpermonkey - Sanguine Hum - Sterbus

Fabulous line-up and a worthy cause!

I'll post ticket info here as soon as they become available.

Put it in your diaries progressives!
    Last edited by The Twickerman; 06-25-2013 at 06:41 AM.

chalkpie
    That is great.

mmmm.... Cardiacs.... mmmm..... thumpermonkey..... mmmm.... Sanguine Hum..... yummy!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Cool Beans We're preparing a 140 minute cover version of Transatlantic's The Whirlwind just for this gig.

There will be all sorts of merchandise on sale too - remember this is a fund-raiser. So please come with full wallets.

To buy will be posters, t-shirts, badges.... any suggestions or requests?

Hello everybody!!
    I'm reading progressive ears since a long time and I always followed all kind of Cardiacs news (see my pic!) and other important updates... As I'm a great fan of Tim Smith and his music, I saw this thread and I thought it really needed to be re-upped.... Would be a wonderful evening of great music. Thanks again!

(PS, my question for admission in the forum was "what band recorded Selling England by the pound..." too easy! Not really prog, but I can tell you every Zappa line up from 67 to 88 )

Wish I could be there. Break a leg and good luck.

For those of you who haven't heard Sterbus yet. You are in for a real treat. His Dirty Boy is IMO the best Cardiacs cover ever made.

Thanks PeterG
    And for those who are interested in what I do - and also what I'm going to play in Kingston - there's this very fine review of my work done by Dann Chinn for Misfits City...
    http://misfitcity.org/2013/04/18/rev...ted-bumblebee/

Also, you can give a listen yourself here... hope you like it !
    http://sterbus.bandcamp.com/

Wish I could be there too.

Thumpermonkey & Sanguine Hum are two of my favourite current bands - hoping Sanguine Hum join the cast at Celebr8.3.

Sterbus I'm still to check out.

chalkpie
    cardiacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Troopers For Sound View Post
    We're preparing a 140 minute cover version of Transatlantic's The Whirlwind just for this gig.
    Great! Does it include that 37 minutes + free form extravaganza-bonanza solo section with pocket trumpet, kazoo, maraccas and mallet testicle?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM