Thread: Cutting Crew-Broadcast

Cutting Crew-Broadcast

It's only just been brought to my attention that Broadcast was re-issued by Cherry Red in 2010. Always loved this album & the extras look tasty.

I bought their follow albums but they never repeated the quality of Broadcast.

Any other fans of this largly forgotten 80's gem ?

love this lp cd tape.great 80s rock band.

Banned
    Didn't Terry Brown produce this?

Desert island disc for me. A shame their other stuff never measured up. Got to see them in concert (opening for Starship); they put on a good show. Haven't picked up the re-release yet.

Another band that was a sort of one-hit wonder from the same time-frame is Bourgeois Tagg; "Yoyo" is a brilliant album and flows in the same sort of way 'Broadcast' does. Got to see them as well (opening for Heart).

Peter

more prog connections: nick van eede, the lead vocalist, is an old mate of MARiLLiON’s h. he even has a co-writing credit on “map of the world” (from “anoraknophobia”). CUTTiNG CREW supported MARiLLiON on their first “season end” dates.

a good, solid band, albeit a bit faceless. they were quickly filed into the UK’s late 1980s CuriosityKilledTheCatJohnnyHatesJazzWetWetWetBrosA ndAllTheOthers -dreariness, which probably was a little unjust.

Frosty Beedle the drummer is the drummer in Lifesigns--and a lovely guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
    Desert island disc for me. A shame their other stuff never measured up. Got to see them in concert (opening for Starship); they put on a good show. Haven't picked up the re-release yet.

Another band that was a sort of one-hit wonder from the same time-frame is Bourgeois Tagg; "Yoyo" is a brilliant album and flows in the same sort of way 'Broadcast' does. Got to see them as well (opening for Heart).

Peter
    Would like to throw, Immaculate Fools, into the group though they may be a tad later.
    The older I get, the better I was.