Thread: RIP Vince Flynn (author)

RIP Vince Flynn (author)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/b...ge-47/2437951/

He's somewhat known among those who enjoy modern political and military/government-based fiction. He had prostate cancer I guess, the aggressive kind. He's from Minnesota, so I would frequently see him interviewed not only about his books, but about news stories involving terrorism specifically.

Sad - I haven't finished the Rapp series yet - have only made it about halfway through.

Very strong writer...
    Regards,

Duncan

I've read all the Vince Flynn novels, and they are a riot. If you like No BS action, his books are off the charts. I've wondered just how much of this was based on reality, I have heard that Flynn, like Clancy is quite spot on about things that he shouldn't be spot on about. He even has statements in his books about how certain details of the inner workings of the white house have been deliberately altered, meaning that he goes into details that only someone on the inside would know. I don't know if he had special forces training or was a former spook... But its pretty detailed stuff. He certainly describes the BS most people who work in Washington have to put up with.

Yeah, I've heard some of the same stuff - so much that the CIA and other agencies have actually questioned him as to how he knows what he knows.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

His books are fantastic. He was truly my fave author on the subject of counter-terrorism.
    There were plans to make one of his books into a movie. I hope it still happens. It certainly would be a step up over Die Hard or Mission Impossible.