Thread: Home of the Brave - Toto

Home of the Brave - Toto

I love this song, I love this band - and I love youtube!
    Nathan East, Simon Philips, Steve Lukather, David Paich, Steve Porcaro, Joseph Williams...

+1. jeff porcaro (and, later, simon phillips, for that matter) is breathtaking as he drives the song towards the finishing line. definitely one of their best. honorary shout for “mushanga” here, which is also amazing.

Great song.

Definitely better with Joe Williams than Bobby Kimball.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by arj View Post
    I love this song, I love this band - and I love youtube!
    Nathan East, Simon Philips, Steve Lukather, David Paich, Steve Porcaro, Joseph Williams...
    Magical song. Up there with the best the band wrote. The Seventh One will always be my favourite album by the band.

Just thought I'd bump it up in case anyone missed this great current clip.

Joseph sound really good here (despite the crappy sound quality). I do hope they get a chance to record this tour for dvd. They had plans to do so during one of the gigs in France but due to air traffic controllers strike they couldn't risk the film crew getting stuck / not being able to make it to France.

Apparently they have shifted the shoot to Poland!

Steve Vai on Facebook...
    "We watched their entire show. I don't think I ever heard a band sound this good live. They played in a giant outdoor arena and it was one of those magic nights where the air was alive and electric with sound and people's vibe. This is a band that created their own unique sound.
    The perfect blending of rock, pop, fusion and a little jazz rolled into a huge accessible bundle. And Luke was of course kicking ass all over the place on his guitar."

FWIW, this is one of the reasons I posted the vid.