Thread: EXPOSE returns...

EXPOSE returns...

...as a very nice, new, updated webzine.

I saw this mentioned on Udi's great Avant-Progressive list, but no one seems to have mentioned it here, so I will!

There's a lot of new stuff here: reviews, features, interviews, etc.

EXPOSE

I'm very happy to see them return.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow! Cool! Thanks, Steve. We've all been wondering when the digital Expose would appear. Looks very nice.

Now that the site is up, I can plug an interview I was a part of with Gösta Berlings Saga: http://www.expose.org/index.php/arti...ga-interview-2

Nice!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Thanks for the thread Steve, Expose looks right in my wheelhouse. Excellent stuff.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow! Cool! Thanks, Steve. We've all been wondering when the digital Expose would appear. Looks very nice.
    I'll certainly peruse the site , but most likely will not read it as in depth as if it was a paper copy.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I'll certainly peruse the site , but most likely will not read it as in depth as if it was a paper copy.
    Same here.

It was sad to see the only prog mag I know of that wasn't totally into mainstream prog disappear as a paper version.
    I used to read it after going to bed. Can't do that now.
    I used to make notes in it and mark albums of interest. Can't do that now.
    Also, I often read them repeated times, even long after they were published. That will hardly happen now.

Great to see a return but just one remark: it doesn't particularly display itself well on an iPad and that is where I do most of my online browsing and reading these days.

Quote Originally Posted by aplodon View Post
    It was sad to see the only prog mag I know of that wasn't totally into mainstream prog disappear as a paper version.
    I don't disagree, but you do realize what the only other possibility they had was, don't you? It was stopping entirely.

This is the new reality for everyone. I don't particularly like it, but it is just the way it is and will probably continue to be.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I thought they were an R&B act.

Quote Originally Posted by aplodon View Post
    Same here.

I used to read it after going to bed. Can't do that now.
    I used to make notes in it and mark albums of interest. Can't do that now.
    Also, I often read them repeated times, even long after they were published. That will hardly happen now.
    The French magazine Traverse is suppoosedly still in publication... it's a semestrial affair, butnow that I think of it? I haven't received one ina long time

Yup, but then again, I return to a lot of specialized mags for further reference (exposé wasn't the only one)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I don't disagree, but you do realize what the only other possibility they had was, don't you? It was stopping entirely.

This is the new reality for everyone. I don't particularly like it, but it is just the way it is and will probably continue to be.
    Yeah, better this way than not at all.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Hey, Peter Thelen, I see the Exposé site seems to be under reconstruction! Can you give us any kind of info on what’s planned and any kind of timeline? Not to rush you or make you feel pressured - I just miss good old Exposé!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hey, Peter Thelen, I see the Exposé site seems to be under reconstruction! Can you give us any kind of info on what’s planned and any kind of timeline? Not to rush you or make you feel pressured - I just miss good old Exposé!
    Why don't you just email Peter and ask him? It took me 60 seconds to find it online.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Wow cool. I was a subscriber for years and even ended up doing some writing for them on occasion back in the day. Glad to see it is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Why don't you just email Peter and ask him? It took me 60 seconds to find it online.
    Is there a shortage on pixels?