Thread: Zero tolerance for silence

Zero tolerance for silence

I pulled this left-field Metheny effort out after commenting on the new Dylan Rand CD that was featured recently. Back in the day, I accepted the conventional wisdom that ZTFS was rubbish.

But I'm listening right now and digging it. Maybe not quite masterpiece status but it packs a punch and holds my interest. Riveting at times.

What do you all think? Treasure or trash?

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I like it.

But then again I like Merzbow and noise music in general, so this really isn't outside of my listening zone.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Haven't played it in years but once in a while I like this kinda thing. Must re-visit.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

I like it and for a lot of the same reasons I like Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music.