Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gaza

chalkpie
    Hey Kermanator - why did ReR uSA lose the metal discs you had for sale? I used to use that like I use my wife's....shopping list.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I just spun the first tune there. Hard to believe this was 1988 - if so - this shit was way ahead of its time. This makes "Master of Puppets" sound like "Hold Your Fire" in comparison. The vocals are just classic! Fucking hilarious! He sounds like he's either raping a pig, or he is pig getting raped. Maybe he's both? Where'ed you find this?
    Glad you asked
    One of my sources for discovering some great great music is Trey Spruance's Museum Without Walls
    Seriously this web page is responsible for some serious musical discoveries for me
    Some incredible film soundtrack Metal, Rembetika ,Musique concrète ,Indian and east asian music etc. etc. what an "education "
    and the way he write is just SO fun
    Just promise me you don't neglect Amos
    http://www.webofmimicry.com/museum/index.php?open=left

and regarding your description of Fear Of God's vocals I think you got it right again !! pigs and all
    check out Pig Destroyer Thirty-Eight Counts of Battery
    Trey :
    "Thank God someone decided just to let it all come out for once. Whiny meathead angry white boy tough guy metal gets its throat cut by the little serial killer that came to "liberate" this music. Pure mania. Finally.
    These Virginians lit a fire that we hope will burn down the citadels of False Metal on both coasts.
    Some may see it as hardcore. Understandable — there are more "old school" metal elements here than many people might realize at first, because it's so fucking out of control. But this is metal, there's no mistaking it. It endures too. These CDs have been around a couple of years and still nothing recent has hit this level of murder-intoxication... not even close. Good lyrics, too — our theory is that anything this bloodthirsty and insane could only be due to the emotional vexations that come with the curse of high IQ. The redneck dipshits who have cornered metal into a box have NO idea... more power to Pig Destroyer and everything in their psychic zone.
    We can hear it now.
    [this sucks, it's all distorted - the sound quality is shitty]
    Oh just fuck off, will you please?
    If the fire is in your heart & not just in your fragile little head, buy this
    Oh, and if any hipsters try to tell you how much cooler Agoraphobic Nosebleed is, just go ahead and smack them one.
    "

Last edited by Udi Koomran; 06-20-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Hey Kermanator - why did ReR uSA lose the metal discs you had for sale? I used to use that like I use my wife's....shopping list.
    Just a couple of each left, and getting re-stocked was becoming difficult. If you want something, you need only ask. For the Wife, I mean.....

Listening now to the "new " [Car Bomb] some seriously tweaked stuff going here
    My fav experimental math grond metal band

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    Listening now to the "new " [Car Bomb] some seriously tweaked stuff going here
    My fav experimental math grond metal band
    I picked up Centralia based on the comments here in the thread...definitely great stuff

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Prehensile Pencil View Post
    Just a couple of each left, and getting re-stocked was becoming difficult. If you want something, you need only ask. For the Wife, I mean.....
    Yeah right. Maybe if I was a rawk drummer, perhaps!

chalkpie
    I think this fits here pretty well

Is this a Trey Spruance approved "product"? If so, then I can see that he digs the metal that contains some interesting textures, tempi changes, mood shifts (from pissed-off to I'm gonna-slice-yojur-nuts-off-with-this-Boy-Scout-Knife), etc. If not, then I'm wrong

Yes its a Web Of Mimicry Records
    If you like this also checkout Girth alo on WOM
    He also produced another metal band called Impaled but I found them lacking the "interesting" factor

metal that contains some interesting textures, tempi changes, mood shifts If not, then I'm wrong
    How could you be wrong ??
    what you wrote is actually the definition of what we like to call truly progressive right

chalkpie
    How could you be wrong ??
    Just ask my wife....I'm always wrong

Sweet!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Like that , the two bands that got me used to growling : Sleepytime GM and the French Death Metal band Gojira .In both cases I like also the visual component off the beaten Death Metal tracks.
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

I am seeing Gojira for the first time this fall...they are apparently a stupidly-tight and fantastic live show.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I am seeing Gojira for the first time this fall...they are apparently a stupidly-tight and fantastic live show.
    Amazing Band , founder members are two brothers (drums and guitar )plus friends. Very tight, great live band . You will have some good time...

I love Gojira's usage of the whammy pedal on this new-ish cut:

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    What's the shelf-life for a singer like that? A couple of years at most? I can't imagine tearing your voice up like that won't cause permanent damage.
    There's a proper technique for vocalizing like this that doesn't do any harm. I know plenty of middle aged people who have been doing this their whole career and they are just fine. Of course, you can also gain this kind of singing style through cigarettes and alcohol. That's not so good.

And if we're adding to the pile, I've been really digging the latest from Imperial Triumphant. You may recognize the drummer Kenny Grohowski - he plays with Brand X and Secret Chiefs 3 and Felix Pastorius and...

- Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Lebofsky View Post
    There's a proper technique for vocalizing like this that doesn't do any harm. I know plenty of middle aged people who have been doing this their whole career and they are just fine. Of course, you can also gain this kind of singing style through cigarettes and alcohol. That's not so good.

And if we're adding to the pile, I've been really digging the latest from Imperial Triumphant. You may recognize the drummer Kenny Grohowski - he plays with Brand X and Secret Chiefs 3 and Felix Pastorius and...

- Matt
    I love Kenny but the sound on this one is ...