Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This Heat - Deceit

I might be late on this thread and might have missed it, but did anyone mentioned Flaming Tunes?
    I love this This Heat offshoot, to think it was so rare for so many years...

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Flaming Tunes?
    Wonderful music.I've posted the occasional YT clip of a couple of Flaming Tunes tracks here over the past couple of years.Well worth checking out.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Don't know if it was mentioned, but isn't 'Deceit' phonetically the same as This Heat?

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    I might be late on this thread and might have missed it, but did anyone mentioned Flaming Tunes?
    I love this This Heat offshoot, to think it was so rare for so many years...
    I haven't heard FLaming Tunes yet, but I'm on a roll with discoveries here, so thanks

Flaming Tunes

Lifetones

Flaming Tunes tune.

They just released official reissues of the albums and ep on vinyl. And Bullen and Hayward are doing something live in February titled This is Not This Heat which will apparently feature new approaches to old material.

http://www.factmag.com/2015/12/16/th...idency-london/
    Last edited by Morpheus; 01-25-2016 at 02:43 PM.

I hope the show is recorded.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    And Bullen and Hayward are doing something live in February titled This is Not This Heat which will apparently feature new approaches to old material.

wow!

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I hope the show is recorded.
    It would be nice, I'm still waiting for all those forthcoming archival recordings and live documents promised somewhere in the liner notes of the ReR box

The vinyls are getting nice reviews but I can't see any need to replace the box, some of the best remastering I can remember and a great interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    They just released official reissues of the albums and ep on vinyl. And Bullen and Hayward are doing something live in February titled This is Not This Heat which will apparently feature new approaches to old material.

12622139_10100480008067220_2366728728841163957_o.jpg

Most others here have pretty well covered my thoughts on this album, but I'll put in my 2 cents. For me it's an essential, album. Thought provoking, musically adventurous, and a righteous statement of sharply focused anger that never descends into sloganeering or trite aphorisms.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Thanks - let's hope it was recorded, sounds like they had a good night. For me S.P.Q.R. is one of the most powerful things I've heard as a "rock" song. We are all Romans.

I think the second show was filmed, so theres something to wait for...
    Anyway the shows were mindblowing, the review didnt mention 3 honorary guests (Chris Cutler on percussion, James Sedwards and Daniel O'Sullivan from Guapo)
    Also there was slight variation between the shows - second show had a tuba instead of upright bass, also an extra female singer and an extra song.
    All in all a great experience and the good news is that they are probably going to do it again in June, this time at the Barbican.

The article from The Guardian seemed to suggest that This Is Not This Heat has a future. More shows obviously is confirmation that there is a future, but I guess we can only speculate as to how extensive that future will be.

Man, y'all need to go to This Is Not This Heat. They're playing guitars and drums and singing rock tunes again in March.

http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/eve...ON250117B_book

I'd go, but rock shows aren't my bag.

Holy Shit!

"Next week: This Is Not This Heat hits the US for 3 shows, as follows:

July 19 - Underground Arts, Philadelphia; doors 7pm, support from Sontag Shogun and Palm
    July 21 - Pitchfork Festival, Chicago; TINTH play on the Blue Stage at 6.30pm
    July 23 - Pioneer Works, Brooklyn, New York; doors 7pm, support from Talibam! & Audrey Chen.

Line-up for this tour is Charles Bullen/Frank Byng/Charles Hayward/Daniel O'Sullivan/James Sedwards/Alex Ward."

[Quoted from This Heat Facebook page.]

Sweet. Do they call this Not This Heat because of the absence of Gareth Williams?
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Sweet. Do they call this Not This Heat because of the absence of Gareth Williams?
    Yes.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Banned
    Wow! Maybe I'll make the trip to Philly.

I'd love to see this, but there's just about zero chance I'll be able to get up to Philly tomorrow night. Bummer!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I'd love to see this, but there's just about zero chance I'll be able to get up to Philly tomorrow night. Bummer!
    That's how it stacked up for me.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Will make the trek to Brooklyn for this.

RUB IT IN WHY DON'T YA

(enjoy, you lucky bum )
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com