Thread: New NIN track w/Belew released

New NIN track w/Belew released

From the upcoming Hesitation Marks album; "Came Back Haunted"
    https://soundcloud.com/#nineinchnail...k-haunted-2013
    ....I like it.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Really? You have to sign up to hear it? Let me know when you can stream it hassle-free.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

^^Agreed. First time I've ever seen that for Soundcloud.

neil

I had no problem listening and have never signed up; clicked on the link and it started playing.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Not sure why it's making you login, but I was able to embed the song in my tumblr, so I'm assuming it will work there for you? I was able to listen to it there logged out of soundcloud. You can try that if you want.
    http://theprogrocket.tumblr.com/

Edit: Here is a permalink to my NIN post.
    Last edited by progrocket; 06-06-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    Prog Rocket – An Exploration of Progressive Rock Music

Not sure why it's making you login, but I was able to embed the song in my tumblr, so I'm assuming it will work there for you?
    I don't recall ever having to login at soundcloud before, but it has been a while since I visited. Hope it's not a permanent feature, because I will stop going there. I don't know what tumblr is, but your link worked fine and the audio streamed without a hitch, something even youtube cannot seem to do. Pretty good NIN tune. Thanks for helping out those of us who got logwalled by soundcloud.
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I don't recall ever having to login at soundcloud before, but it has been a while since I visited. Hope it's not a permanent feature, because I will stop going there. I don't know what tumblr is, but your link worked fine and the audio streamed without a hitch, something even youtube cannot seem to do. Pretty good NIN tune. Thanks for helping out those of us who got logwalled by soundcloud.
    Cool, glad it worked for you!

tumblr is this new thing the kids are using (actually it's not completely new, it just got sold to yahoo for $1B). When I started my blog my most tech savvy friend said I better start a tumblr as well, so I did. It's kind of pointless, but it is good for posting videos, audio, and pictures, so that's what I tend to use it for.
    Prog Rocket – An Exploration of Progressive Rock Music

Quote Originally Posted by progrocket View Post
    Cool, glad it worked for you!

tumblr is this new thing the kids are using (actually it's not that new, it just got sold to yahoo for $1B). When I started my blog my most tech savvy friend said I better start a tumblr as well, so I did. It's kind of pointless, but it is good for posting videos, audio, and pictures, so that's what I tend to use it for.
    I did hear about the sale to yahoo. As dim as I can seem sometimes, I don't really live in a vacuum. But I was unfamiliar with tumblr just the same, having not heard of it before the sale. Possibly because I'm not a kid, or because I have never sought to blog or to upload much of anything to the web. Thanks for the link and the information.

It's not really pointless if it works.

Or: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...k_haunted.html

Not digging this...more in the vein of The Slip and With Teeth stuff...

^I hear you; this new track would have been filler on '90s NIN albums.

Waaaaaaaaahh!!!! first world problems.

Pretty sure Belew is not on this track.....kickass though...
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPronix View Post
    Pretty sure Belew is not on this track.....kickass though...
    Didn't have to sign in to hear, and didn't hear Belew.
    Sorta liked it, heard it was 'throwback' sounding, but I don't know much NIN beyond PHM.

I love this track. I have always been a big fan, and really think this song is classic NIN all the way. As far as hearing Belew on the track, well it is always hard to tell. Trent has had him come in on many of his albums, do his thing and then Trent manipulates the sounds into guitar textures. Chances are you've heard plenty of Belew in just about everything, but not as a straight up guitar track.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter0rjapan View Post
    As far as hearing Belew on the track, well it is always hard to tell.
    Belew is low in the mix and sounds like he did when he played on some Talking Heads tracks, listen close, he's def. there. No full frontal animal chords though.