Thread: Queens of the Stone Age new video

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

Queens of the Stone Age new video

Almost an hour of QOTSA performing songs from their new album Like Clockwork. The band was on Letterman last night and will be again tonight.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/liveonlette...the-stone-age/

http://www.cbs.com/shows/liveonlette...the-stone-age/
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

That's not bad at all.

Thanks for posting!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Banned
    I was never a fan of Queens Of The Stone Age, but I did get the Them Crocked Vultures CD, because of the involvement of Dave and John. I want to get the new QOTSA CD, because I did like the song that they did on Letterman last night. With QOTSA, what am I in store for?
    Last edited by JIF; 06-07-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I was a fan of Queens Of The Stone Age, but I did get the Them Crocked Vultures CD, because of the involvement of Dave and John. I want to get the new QOTSA CD, because I did like the song that they did on Letterman last night. With QOTSA, what am I in store for?
    I discovered Queens Of The Stone Age through Them Crooked Vultures. I really enjoyed Josh's work on that and then went back and explored QOTSA. They are a great kind of quirky band.

Steve Sly

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I discovered Queens Of The Stone Age through Them Crooked Vultures. I really enjoyed Josh's work on that and then went back and explored QOTSA. They are a great kind of quirky band.

Steve Sly
    Ooops, I meant to say I wasn't a fan of QOTSA. I don't like alternative rock.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Almost an hour of QOTSA performing songs from their new album Like Clockwork. The band was on Letterman last night and will be again tonight.
    The intro animation music sounds like a Pink Floyd track to me
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post

Steve Sly
    I discovered Queens Of The Stone Age through Kyuss, and Them Crooked Vultures and Eagles Of Death Metal through Queens Of The Stone Age. Other bands to check out, for those so inclined.
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

I came to QOTSA through Kyuss. Being a passionate and disappointed fan when Kyuss broke up, I investigated all the splinter projects; Unida, Slo Burn, Hermano, Brant Bjork and QOTSA.

I'd call QOTSA an art rock band more than a stoner rock band although their roots are stoner. The most stoner aspect of QOTSA is not necessarily in sound but in approach. They embrace all different sorts of ideas and influences. Yes, they rock hard but they're also quirky and melodic.

I count them among my Top 10 all-time favorite desert island bands.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I discovered Queens Of The Stone Age through Kyuss, and Them Crooked Vultures and Eagles Of Death Metal through Queens Of The Stone Age. Other bands to check out, for those so inclined.
    Eagles of Death Metal is a great band if you enjoy listening to a guy who cannot sing to save his life, excels at writing the same lyrics he did as a high school freshman, knows fewer chords than Angus Young does, and essentially writes the same song three different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Eagles of Death Metal is a great band if you enjoy listening to a guy who cannot sing to save his life, excels at writing the same lyrics he did as a high school freshman, knows fewer chords than Angus Young does, and essentially writes the same song three different ways.
    I only ever heard one EODM album, and I never bought one. Maybe that's why.