Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Days Between Stations - In Extremis

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Just found this for 50 cents. Saw the players on it, grabbed it and ran!

Can't wait to hear it after reading these posts. Has it fallen out of favor, or are you guys still enjoying it?
    I find it a mixed bag: some great tracks, some weaker tracks, some great playing, some weaker playing. Plenty to enjoy, but disappointing that more of the pieces couldn't come together.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

All in all I think it's a fine album.

I think I like the first DBS album a bit better, though, despite all the luminaries on In Extremis. Oscar and Sepand have a pretty good thing happening so I hope they've got some more up their collective sleeve.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Last night I listened to Days Between Station's second album, In Extremis, on Bandcamp, and when it ended, I started up their 2020 album Giants, intending to only listen to the first track or two, but I couldn't turn it off! These two albums are great. I remember reading an article about the band and In Extremis when that album was released. At the time it was a fairly new thing for an unknown band to have all those guest musicians, though it's pretty common these days. It's kind of hard to pick out the guest solos and other parts on first listen, but I'll say this: Billy Sherwood's drumming isn't half bad. His vocals are pretty decent too.

Each album has a song sung by Colin Moulding, and the song on Giants was cowritten by Moulding. Those songs definitely do sound somewhat like XTC songs, and as such I think they're not a great fit on the albums, but they're still pretty enjoyable. The full albums are quite interesting and rather varied, and difficult to describe. Very worthwhile to listen to though.

Any fans these days?

I have both on CD. Both are very good, but the second is great! And I agree about Sherwood. He’s very good on this!
    So much music....so little time....

I'm going to revisit this, but I don't have all the track titles (I have it on a hard drive, don't know where the disc is at the moment). What is the name of the 8th track?

Thanks.

Edit- I found this, are these the correct titles for the tracks? If so, all of my tracks are mis-named.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Ext...tations_album)

Tracks for In Extremis: 1) No Cause For Alarm (Overture) (3:51), 2) In Utero (5:10), 3) Visionary (10:40), 4) Blackfoot (10:04), 5) The Man Who Died Two Times (4:11), 6) Waltz In E Minor (2:04), 7) Eggshell Man (11:56), 8) In Extremis (21:37) - Part I: Mass…Part II: On the Ground…Part III: A Requiem…Part IV: Overland…Part V: It Never Ends
    So much music....so little time....

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The two guys from the band say their music is a combination of symphonic Prog and post-rock, and that seems about right.