Thread: BEARDFEST 2013 - Feat. young East Coast up and coming Prog bands

BEARDFEST 2013 - Feat. young East Coast up and coming Prog bands

Join Out of the Beardspace this weekend in Waterford Works, NJ as we host the second annual "Beardfest". We will feature 20 great original bands displaying different styles, provide live visual art (painting, fire spinning) to go along with the music, yoga class, sustainability workshops and more. Some of the progressive bands being featured include NYC "middle eastern sci-fy fusion" trio Consider the Source, NJ "7 headed monster" progressive-fusion group Thank You Scientist, Philadelphia based ambient experimental fusion group iNFiNiEN, NJ "Pastoral Post-Rock" group The Tea Club and hosts Out of the Beardspace, a six man eclectic-ambient-funky-ripping-fusion operation that recently received a public shout out from Mike Keneally (FZ, Satriani, Vai, Dethklok, etc.) who produced a track on their otherwise self-produced album "Out of the Beardspace III" .

Full details for the festival can be found @ www.beardfest.net. The festival is THIS WEEKEND, May 31st - June 2nd (main music days being Friday 31st and Saturday 1st) in Waterford, NJ - about 45 mins north of the Atlantic City shore area and 45 mins south of Philadelphia. Tickets are available for the whole festival and for either Friday or Saturday & Sunday. Join us and help support the future of free-thinking no-compromise musical exploration!

Is there a schedule?

This is about 20 minutes away from me...

This lineup is nothing without Beardfish or Spock's Beard. I mean, seriously.... ;-)

Yes, I thought it was a festival put on by Beardfish, at first, lol.

neil

Looks like a cool lineup including 3 bands with a ProgDay connection.

Steve Sly

Looks really cool, can't make it, but good luck!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

This festival will be unbelievably epic!!!

Looks like a great festival. Wish I could be there!

Edensong's sibling band NEW BEARD will also be playing this festival on Saturday at 7:05 pm. Hope to see some people from the prog community there! Can't wait for this!

Tony Waldman
    Edensong - drummer / composer
    New Beard - drummer / composer