Thread: Synergy now on HD Tracks

Synergy now on HD Tracks

FYI the first three Synergy albums (Electronic Realizations, Sequencer, and Cords), are available in 192kHz/24bit and 96/24bit from HDTracks.com

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?f...etail&id=10724

The CD versions are also remastered and repressed, probably available from the usual suspects.

Now, the wait for the 4.1 of Electronic Realizations...
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Very nice, but... Larry, your last "new" original compositions (Metropolitan Suite) are over 25 years old now and still nothing new but remaster/remix/re-interpretation of OLD tracks. The long promised (and awaited) NEW Synergy project has never materialized. Larry Fast is one of the greatest (and most progressive) E-Music composer ever, but also the slowest. I know he's involved in many other studio projects but still... 25 years is a loooong time to wait, even for a hardcore fan. I nearly gave up and no longer expect anything new from him.

When I interviewed him last year for my podcast, he talked about how he's been doing a fair amount of work-for-hire stuff, much of which is for overseas installations and such, and thus not available or perhaps even suitable for commercial release. Paraphrased, he said something like, "I've actually been busier in the past 10 years than I was during the previous 10, but people just don't know it." (Not sure off the top of my head what part of the discussion made it through editing, but that was the gist of it.) I think he really does want to release a new Synergy album (it was mentioned, too), but he's got a good bit going on. Personally, I would also jump on a new Synergy album the day it was released, but for now, I'll be content with the HDTracks stuff.
    Progtopia is a podcast devoted to interviewing progressive rock, metal, and electronic artists from the past and present, featuring their songs and exclusive interviews. Artists interviewed on the show have included Steve Hackett, Sound of Contact, Larry Fast, Circus Maximus, Anubis Gate, Spock's Beard, and many more. http://progtopia.podomatic.com See you in a land called Progtopia!

He's been telling me the same thing for years. But two releases that could be quicker in the pipleline are a multi-channel reissue of Electronic Realizations (coming from the Quad mix of the album), and a DVD of his 2009 Nearfest appearance. In the absence of new material, I will readily welcome these!

Great interview, btw

I know the 2009 Nearfest show was filmed for a future DVD release ... which never happened. I remember L.F said something like he would only release it if he's satisfied with the quality and performance. Looks he isn't, or maybe the interest is too low to make it commercially viable ? I would greatly appreciate seeing L.F performing his material live and would jump on a Synergy DVD. AFAIK,the only live document where we can actually see L.F playing one of his own compositions (Phobos) is from the Tony Levin Band DVD, which is no longer available.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    The CD versions are also remastered and repressed
    Think you could stick a hyphen in there? "Re-pressed" sounds so much better...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    I know the 2009 Nearfest show was filmed for a future DVD release ... which never happened. I remember L.F said something like he would only release it if he's satisfied with the quality and performance. Looks he isn't, or maybe the interest is too low to make it commercially viable ? I would greatly appreciate seeing L.F performing his material live and would jump on a Synergy DVD. AFAIK,the only live document where we can actually see L.F playing one of his own compositions (Phobos) is from the Tony Levin Band DVD, which is no longer available.
    In my communication with Larry, my understanding was that the delay had to do with distribution of his catalog. That appears to be sorted, with the new re-pressings (hahaha) now distributed by eOne and HDtracks....

http://us.eonedistribution.com/our-d...tion-expertise

http://synergy-emusic.com/