Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122

Thread: King Crimson News

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Re: The "self-inflicted wound". So we're to believe that they chopped a section of live tape to reuse as the basis of a quasi-studio piece by way of overdubbing, used some engineering magic to make it sound exactly like tape running out, and then they forgot, and close to 20 years later they were fooled by their own studio shenanigans and thought they were dealing with a tape-ran-out scenario?
    As I understand it, the tape did run out at the end of the section that became "The Mincer," hence the sputtering, disintegrating sound at the end. And it does sound like they've chopped a bit there where "The Mincer" splices back into TLOMD to cover for the tape change. But jeez, I knew the story behind where "The Mincer" came from; how could they not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    As I understand it, the tape did run out at the end of the section that became "The Mincer," hence the sputtering, disintegrating sound at the end. And it does sound like they've chopped a bit there where "The Mincer" splices back into TLOMD to cover for the tape change. But jeez, I knew the story behind where "The Mincer" came from; how could they not?
    Well, that's the story as I thought I knew it, but Singleton seems to be saying otherwise (... "the tape had not run out"... ) , unless I misunderstood.

I thought that I had read either in Court of King Crimson or in the Great Deceiver booklet that they used two recording machines and somehow both had managed to fail in this critical section
    Man you guys take awfully seriously a bunch of pampered, spoiled twenty and thirty something year old jocks earning millions of dollars to play a game running up and down a field. Why do you care so much about these guys to the point of arguing with each other. Do you think they care an iota about you?

Bartellb on pro football

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Well, that's the story as I thought I knew it, but Singleton seems to be saying otherwise (... "the tape had not run out"... ) , unless I misunderstood.
    He means the tape had not run out in the middle of recording what would become Maximum Distress. The tape most certainly ran out at the end of the Mincer, since they only the chunk they pulled out of the Maximum Distress jam to work with.
    Volume 1, Volume 2, and Volume 3 of my best ambient stuff from last year. 1 is the Frippertronic stuff, 2 is the knob twiddling, and 3 is one big meditative piece.
    And there's still that weekly ambient guitar soundscape podcast.