Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: King Crimson News

These rates significantly more expensive than when they last came to the states in 2014? Wondering as I did not go then, but was planning to hit it up this time around either in Chicago or if they go to Atlanta and just was wondering for context. For me, if you can keep the price point under $100, I'm generally good with it.....I mean would prefer not to spend more than $100, even for this band. Granted they are playing longer sets as of the past tour, stretching to a full 3 hours onstage, but still! Haven't yet seen fripp in the flesh though....

I don't think that is actually all that much more. cheap seats in SF were 55 plus loads of fees in 2014. maybe the SF theater is better overall in terms of seats but still.

then my cheap seats for 2015 in Canada were 83 bucks Canadian (after fees).

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    I don't think that is actually all that much more. cheap seats in SF were 55 plus loads of fees in 2014. maybe the SF theater is better overall in terms of seats but still.

then my cheap seats for 2015 in Canada were 83 bucks Canadian (after fees).
    I think my seat in Albany, about 12 rows back, was about $45. Overall, I'd say most of these seats are between 50%-100% more expensive than the Albany Egg show.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I think my seat in Albany, about 12 rows back, was about $45. Overall, I'd say most of these seats are between 50%-100% more expensive than the Albany Egg show.
    $45 sounds about right to me, too. I'm just hoping that they come back, and prices are similar

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    I can confirm being a bit back is actually kinda nice so you can really see all 3 (4) drummers in action. when they came to SF I splurged and got very close seats for the first night then got cheap seats for the second night and took my girlfriend and honestly I liked the further back seats more.

some acts you want to be up close for the "hands watching"; seeing RUSH or the Jesus Lizard play as an ensemble and watching the grins and interplay between performers

and some the interaction between you as audience to they as performer . . . whether it was Rollins or Yusuf/Cat Stevens, being up close and making eye contact was a live thrill. some level of intimacy I guess . . .

but some acts the show is best from a perch. a production like 'The Wall'. I purposely bought tickets for the Musical Box because I didn't want the reality of a guy dressed as peter gabriel breaking the effect! lol . I saw MAYHEM last night and it was just fine watching the spectacle from afar. mood

for this Crim gig it's be easier to pan and scan my neck from a few rows back. I'm stoked
    2trevorsforlife

So there a whole bunch of pre-orders up for the '81 Japanese shows. I'm pretty sure they were all DLs at one point. I'd be interested in snagging at least one set. I'm guess sound quality is not great. Any recs from the DLers out there?

(And before you ask ... Yes, I'm kinda pissed these shows weren't included on the '80s box. But what are you going to do?)
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    So there a whole bunch of pre-orders up for the '81 Japanese shows. I'm pretty sure they were all DLs at one point. I'd be interested in snagging at least one set. I'm guess sound quality is not great. Any recs from the DLers out there?

(And before you ask ... Yes, I'm kinda pissed these shows weren't included on the '80s box. But what are you going to do?)
    I don't recall any of them being particularly standout either in terms of being bad quality or noticeable better quality. if you got one I would probably go for whichever was longest but still on one cd cause I think those double cds are probably like 84 minutes in total so save ten bucks to lose 5 minutes (much of which may be cheering or frippertronic tape intros.)

They are all still downloads. As a matter of fact, you can download the whole Japan Winter 1981 Tour (8 dates) for $48 as FLAC or $38 as MP3. OR you can plunk down almost $250 for all 8 shows on CD.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Why weren't any of the Japan 81 shows released as part of the KC club? Were any 1981 shows released as a KC club release? Aside from that very first Moles Club show?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Why weren't any of the Japan 81 shows released as part of the KC club?
    I'm only guessing, but it seems likely they'd largely drifted from club CDs to downloads by the time Stormy found that run of tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    I'm only guessing, but it seems likely they'd largely drifted from club CDs to downloads by the time Stormy found that run of tapes.
    Those 8 shows are all from varying quality audience recordings. No tapes. Very few of the Discipline band's concerts were professionally recorded, PLUS that band sounded too "samey" in concert to put out a ton of their concerts. There are 5 concerts from 1982 included in the Collector's Club releases. The last show of the run of 8 Japanese shows from 1981 IS included on the On (and Off) the Road boxed set (disc 2, I believe) since it was the last show of the 1981 tour.

I take back what I mentioned guess a few of the two discers include sartori in tangiers which is a fairly interesting early take on the tune. so might be worth it to get either the 9th or the 10th for every song though I still think download the bundle and buy on and off the road is probably the best bang for your buck.

oddly I purchased the download bundle way back when but do not seem to have the 15th yet it is available for download now wonder if they discovered it later on.

^Yeah, I was basically flipping a coin between the shows on 9th and 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by musicislife View Post
    They are all still downloads. As a matter of fact, you can download the whole Japan Winter 1981 Tour (8 dates) for $48 as FLAC or $38 as MP3. OR you can plunk down almost $250 for all 8 shows on CD.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Definitely worth saving $200 in exchange for an hour or two of printing out booklets and labels, so they look all spiffy and professional-like.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. Definitely worth saving $200 in exchange for an hour or two of printing out booklets and labels, so they look all spiffy and professional-like.
    No problem. You're right - the Japanese CDs are mostly for those who have to go physical. But when you're looking at a savings that large, it becomes a no-brainer, especially since they're all audience recordings.

https://www.dgmlive.com/diaries/Robe...ry_2017_June_2

guess fripp has heard enough questions about why adrian isn't in crimson that he's now answered.......

that said, fripp and company clearly in seattle now to rehearse a wee little bit before the NA tour kicks off in about 2 weeks time!

^ Thanks for sharing that

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Damn she's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slides...55630_free.jpg ...Damn she's hot.
    Blinded, can't find the "unsee" button...
    ... “there’s a million ways to learn” (which there are, by the way), but ironically, there’s a million things to eat, I’m just not sure I want to eat them all. -- Jeff Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by tallliman View Post
    Islands box?
    Looks that way. It'll be interesting to see what sort of studio nuggets they turn up from either of the two transitional bands. I'm pretty sure the Lizard band got to the rehearsal stage in preparation for assumed live dates before the band fell apart. And of course any unused solos from Tippett would be most welcome.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Looks that way. It'll be interesting to see what sort of studio nuggets they turn up from either of the two transitional bands. I'm pretty sure the Lizard band got to the rehearsal stage in preparation for assumed live dates before the band fell apart. And of course any unused solos from Tippett would be most welcome.
    Was hoping for a TCOL box myself.

But...I just hope there is sufficient previously unreleased material. I already have all the KCCC's from this lineup and being I quite like the KC live I'm going to be right tempted to buy it...
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I'm in for an Islands box or a TCOL box.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.