Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Songs that mention other songs

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    King Crimson quoted themselves musically on at least one occasion(as have the Kinks)but they didn't really mention any songs either
    "Sex Sleep Eat Drink Dream" mentions "Frame by Frame," and "ProzaKc Blues" mentions "Elephant Talk." (Yeah, I know it referred to the internet newsletter, but that's still at least a second-level song title mention.)

Save the Life of My Child by Simon & Garfunkel has a few seconds of The Sound of Silence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post

The thing is "paperlate" came out almost ten years later.

Genesis mention lots of super heroes in their songs(especially superman)but not really any other songs. King Crimson quoted themselves musically on at least one occasion(as have the Kinks)but they didn't really mention any songs either(other than the aforementioned "tonight tonight tonight."
    Gabriel sang "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" in In The Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Gabriel sang "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" in In The Cage.
    Then there's the On Broadway quote in The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway itself.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Then there's the On Broadway quote in The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway itself.
    I had a rock and roll encyclopedia that said that Ben E. King sang backing vocals on The Lamb title track.

Johnny Rivers' "Summer Rain" mentions Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

The lyrics to the song "Thirteen" by Big Star references "Paint It Black" in the lines "Won't you tell your dad, get off my back, tell him what we said 'bout Paint It Black".

^Nice. 'Thirteen' really is such a great song.