Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Son of the Holy $hit Powerball lottery jackpot

Meanwhile, the Powerball is now up to $311 Million.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

$361,000,000 tonight.
    Edit- No winner. Saturday's draw is for $390,000,000+
    Last edited by Obscured; 07-21-2016 at 01:05 AM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

422 million
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

You would have thought at least one person would have hit at least one million.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

:: Opens door, enters room::

Wednesday's Powerball jackpot = $359,000,000.

::Leaves room, shuts door::

Bought tix for last Saturday's drawing. Obviously didn't win.

So, I guess I'm in again for Wednesday's drawing. That would be one helluva thing to be thankful for.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Got my ticket. If I win, there will be NEARfest again. And I may even let some of you pick a band.

$403,000,000 up for grabs on Wednesday.

Yep, 'bout that time again...Saturday's Powerball jackpot is now $349 million. Good luck everyone!

No winner last night. $403 million+ for Wednesday's draw.

PB is over the 300 million mark. They'll be selling a lot of tickets the next few days.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

3, 9, 21, 41, 54 + 25

I have to go to work this week.

Wednesday's jackpot = $375,000,000.it

I remember back in cubicle slave days, collecting for our department lottery pool. We'd play in times like this when the jackpot got high enough that dividing it between a dozen people would still mean instant retirement.

One guy, a cynical sonovabitch if there ever was one, said, "You know that playing the lottery is gambling for people that don't understand statistics."

Me, "Yeah, but do you want in."

SOB, "Oh hell yes, I'm not going to be left behind when you all yell 'fuck off' as you're going out the door"
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

$435,000,000.

OK, that does it, I'm buying a ticket now. Well, maybe two...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Did one of you guys win?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Did one of you guys win?
    Not I.

http://abc7ny.com/news/1-winning-powerball-ticket-sold-in-california-worth-$447-million/2083275/

BUMP BUMP

Megaball tomorrow = $303,000,000
    Powerball Wednesday = $261,000,000

Powerball -
    NEXT DRAWING: 08/19/2017 - JACKPOT: $510 MILLION

I've never bought tickets for this. When you do, how much do you spend? How much is one ticket? Do you just get random numbers or do you choose numbers?

I've never bought tickets for this. When you do, how much do you spend? How much is one ticket? Do you just get random numbers or do you choose numbers?
    Powerball tickets are $2 per number - not each "ball," but for each group of numbers you purchase. So, for $2, you get to play once. I usually spend $10 when I play, to get five chances. I always get random numbers, as it's just quicker and easier, but you can pick your own numbers, if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Powerball tickets are $2 per number - not each "ball," but for each group of numbers you purchase. So, for $2, you get to play once. I usually spend $10 when I play, to get five chances. I always get random numbers, as it's just quicker and easier, but you can pick your own numbers, if you like.
    You're much more likely to win if you pick the numbers yourself!

You're much more likely to win if you pick the numbers yourself!
    I don't see why. Either way, you're hoping for lightning to strike twice in the same place. I expect the odds are the same either way.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I don't see why. Either way, you're hoping for lightning to strike twice in the same place. I expect the odds are the same either way.
    I was just joking. Yeah, the odds are the same whatever the numbers.