Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the Son of the Holy $hit Powerball lottery jackpot

At those numbers it's time to circle the fellow workers and start a pool. We did. I wouldn't mind sharing 270 million a bunch of ways if pooling our tickets raises my chances of winning from .000000001% to .0000000015%
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Wednesday. Powerball. $317,000,000.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I will see to it that an Anderson Ponty Band studio CD comes to pass should I claim the prize

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

$380,000,000 up for grabs tonight.
    Pretty sure I'd be able to get Jon & Rick back in Yes.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

If I were to win a Powerball jackpot, the absolute last thing I'd do is give any of it to Jon Anderson.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    If I were to win a Powerball jackpot, the absolute last thing I'd do is give any of it to Jon Anderson.
    I dunno, I think I'm w/ Obscured - probably the first endeavor is to buy my way into some bands reunions

Definitely a private Union 2 with me choosing the setlist, and I'd work with Greg Walker to avenge Farfest and bring a bunch of Italian acts over

The lottery should make a commercial based on this scenario

BG
    Last edited by Brian Griffin; 02-07-2015 at 04:45 PM.
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Wednesday. $450,000,000+.
    Gonna get Wakey to play Gates....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    I dunno, I think I'm w/ Obscured - probably the first endeavor is to buy my way into some bands reunions

Definitely a private Union 2 with me choosing the setlist, and I'd work with Greg Walker to avenge Farfest and bring a bunch of Italian acts over

The lottery should make a commercial based on this scenario

BG
    Sure. I'm on-board with that. I'm just not giving any to Anderson.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

$485,000,000. Should cross the 1/2 $$Billion$$ mark by tomorrow's draw.
    First, gotta survive the heart attack. Then, we talk about resurrecting old bands & putting together new ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Wednesday. $450,000,000+.
    Gonna get Wakey to play Gates....
    I would purchase Yes.

They're only sticking around for the money now anyway, so I'd bet it would only take a a few million each to Howe and Squire to get them to sign the name over to me and sail off on cruises where they just hang out and aren't part of the nightly entertainment. White would get a cut, out of the goodness of my heart. I would hand-deliver Downes his pink slip.

This way nobody, ever again, would be allowed to make another album under the Yes name.

Heck, maybe this has kickstarter campaign potential.

Officially a HALF BILLION $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

25, 11, 54, 13, 39
    Powerball - 19

$564,000,000-

-=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

$450,000,000 up for grabs tomorrow.

$$$ 1/2 Billion $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Brave View Post
    Not really a bad thing

^^^a nice problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Brave View Post
    Take the annuity like I would.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Take the annuity like I would.
    Tell that to Steve Young!

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    Tell that to Steve Young!
    Or Dan Marino
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

No winner. Saturday's jackpot is now $675,000,000.
    Largest in U.S. history. Should get close to a billion by draw time.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Damn.

I was going to play that number but I forgot to stop at the 7-11 on the way home.

Oh, well.

OK, now I'll buy a ticket......