Thread: The Pat Travis Band returns !

The Pat Travis Band returns !

Saw Pat many times back in the day as he extensively toured the UK in the late 70's. Will probably buy this CD !

PAT TRAVERS RETURNS TO HARD ROCK WITH CAN DO OUT IN JULY ON FRONTIERS:
    Frontiers Records is pleased to announce the release of Pat Travers Band brand new original album Can Do due out for release on July 5 in Europe and July 9 in North America.
    Toronto born Pat Travers has delivered one tasty release after another in his over 37 years career in music. From the powerhouse, rockin' 70's sound of such albums as Heat in the Street and Makin' Magic, to the classy melodic eighties rock before a blues period in the nineties, Pat has always kept a high standard for his musical output. “When I was contacted by Frontiers to record a new original studio album they asked me if I could create some music reminiscent of my earlier albums that were done in the U.K. and South Florida in the late '70's early '80's.” says Pat. “What made those records different was that I was allowed the luxury of spending some time in the studio without any outside influences and that's when I could get really creative. Frontiers Records let me have the time I needed to work on the songs and production. Also the beginning of 2012 was a particularly creative period for me and I believe I have written some of my best material ever for 'Can Do'".

Since the second decade of the Millennium dawned, Pat and his Band show no sign of letting up. The proof of the future are safe in the eight hands of Mr. Travers, second guitarist Kirk McKim, Bassist Rodney O'Quinn and longtime sticksman, Sandy Gennaro. “We had a fantastic collaboration and I felt very comfortable when tracking the new music. I really feel that the sound and production and also the quality of the songs and performances make this what I think my fans are going to call “A classic PT record” says Pat.
    This Pat Travers Band is also one seriously tight rockin' unit, and live, they always deliver. From the streets of Toronto, to the streets of London, to the streets of the WORLD, now, here to kick your ass… The Pat Travers Band!!

Can Do includes the following songs: Can Do; Stand Up / Give It Up; Diamond Girl; As Long As I'm With You; Long Time Gone; Wanted (That Was Then / This Is Now); Armed And Dangerous; Here Comes The Rain Again; Keep Calm & Carry On; Dust & Bone; Waitin' On The End Of Time; Red Neck Boogie.
    It is possible to sample tracks off the new album following this link on Youtube: youtu.be/6ythIHBvrKg.
    USA dates have been announced and a full European tour is also in the works for the fall of 2013.

xx

No Mars Cowling (and no Aldridge), no Pat Travers Band!!!
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    No Mars Cowling (and no Aldridge), no Pat Travers Band!!!
    Hence: The Pat Travis Band

Don't forget Pat Thrall if you are talking about "The Pat Travers Band", he played a huge part.

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    Hence: The Pat Travis Band

Hadn't even seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Don't forget Pat Thrall if you are talking about "The Pat Travers Band", he played a huge part.
    I saw the band five or six times between 77 and 81, and Thrall motly played second fiddle (uuuuh, guitar) to Travers.... until Pat started playing KB during the Crash And Burn tour.... if memory serves, Thrall left soon after (he wasn't on Radio Active and Black Pearl)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Pat Travers played in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. It was a great show, but a piss poor turnout. No more than 20 people attended.

I saw him three times between '79-'82 to packed houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Pat Travers played in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. It was a great show, but a piss poor turnout. No more than 20 people attended.

I saw him three times between '79-'82 to packed houses.
    That's a shame. For whatever reason, Pat doesn't get worn out on classic rawk radio here, and I have to assume he's not on the ClearChannel radar for some reason. Not that I want to hear Snortin' Whiskey four times a day like dang Slow Ride, but Making Magic or Heat in the Street every now and then would be nice. But apart from old time fans I doubt anyone knows Pat today. He doesn't get his music in hip post modern movies, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    When he passes in Belgium, it's the Spirit of 66 in Verviers (a club in the east of the country - Ardennes- some 40 km from Germany and The Netherlands), but he draws between 200 and 300... I suspect about half the public is Dutch and Deutsch

I saw the band five or six times between 77 and 81, and Thrall motly played second fiddle (uuuuh, guitar) to Travers.... until Pat started playing KB during the Crash And Burn tour.... if memory serves, Thrall left soon after (he wasn't on Radio Active and Black Pearl)

Well, it was the Pat Travers Band so of course Thrall played second fiddle, but that doesn't diminish in any way his contributions. He was a fantastic guitar player in that band.

Well, it was the Pat Travers Band so of course Thrall played second fiddle, but that doesn't diminish in any way his contributions. He was a fantastic guitar player in that band.
    didn't mean to belittle his playing, and it's true that it's when he got in the band that the albums styarted bearing the PTB moniker ... and as soon as he was out, the PTB moniker didn't appear on albums either....

But still I find his impact limited... the studio albums he contributed to (Heat and Crash) were not better than Making Magic, Radio Active or Black Pearl, IMHO

Of course no PT album topped Go For What You Know... it's clear that Thrall allowed more freedom for Travers to shine...

Don't forget "Hammerhead"

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Nice sampler of the upcoming Pat Travers album,I will be getting it for sure, thanks Gerrardo.

By the way the last Travers album of original material, "Fidelis" was pretty damn good.

Nice sampler of the upcoming Pat Travers album,I will be getting it for sure, thanks Gerrardo.

By the way the last Travers album of original material, "Fidelis" was pretty damn good.
    You're welcome! I do own 'Fidelis' and I agree, it is a great record. I bought it from Pat Travers himself at a concert in Winter Park, CO in 2010 (I was living in Colorado at the time). He signed my copy. Here's a photo of Pat and myself taken in the backstage area:

Pat Travers y yo 08-07-2010.jpg

Last year, he released a cd-r EP with 4 songs that he pressed, advertised, and sold through his facebook page. The EP was fantastic. It included one of the songs that will be on the upcoming new album, a song called "Waiting On The End Of Time".

Pat Thrall's brother Preston (drums) came to see the Allman Bros. tribute band I was in, in the 90s. Gregg Allman was living in the Bay Area at the time and I was hoping he'd come sit in with us. Preston said he was sick of playing that material so wouldn't be coming to any shows. I always dug Pat Travers but never picked up any of his albums.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Is he from Ottawa? That's what I heard as a kid/teenager.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Is he from Ottawa? That's what I heard as a kid/teenager.
    yess, that what I heard too.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    yess, that what I heard too.
    Yep...I followed your reckless error and shortly realized it but decided that I didn't give a shit but I still think Pat is from Ottawa. reckless, I tell ya!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)