Thread: Favorite Albums on Progstreaming

Favorite Albums on Progstreaming

I thought it would be interesting to hear about other people's view/opinions of the various albums appearing on Progstreaming.

Here is my current list of what I like best although I have not listened to everything. I thought it would be interesting to hear what others have listened to.

Galahad - Euphoria Wonderful new release.

Former Life - electric Stillness Superb progressive album. I have owned this almost a year now and was hoping for a second album This would be a great
    band for one of the festivals i.e. Rosfest.

Mars Hollow Live - Recorded at Rosfest and I was there.

Albion - Indefinite State of Matter - Yet another excellent Polish band. I love this album!!

Illumion - Waves I heard this band almost two years ago and this album shows some maturity. They sound similar to the first song on Paatos V. It is
    probably the similarity in the female lead singer.

Ice Blue Orcehstra - Between Destinations Excellent three piece band from Germany.

Pendragon - Kowtow A little disappointing since it seems just more of the same, but it should satisfy Pendgragon fans. Better to see them live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill0604 View Post
    So was I
    Regards,

Duncan

It's hard to keep up with this list. I've had tons of favorites, but because of the nature of it, they disappear quickly. I've bought many of them, although most were already targeted for purchase. I do agree with the Galahad selection.

lots of great stuff on progstreaming. the new Discipline being one. barock project- coffee in neukoln was a very pleasant surprise. carpe nota was also really good since it seems a modern take on retro song styles.

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    barock project- coffee in neukoln was a very pleasant surprise.
    100% agree. I actually didn't pay much attention, but after another reader's comments, I revisited it. So glad I did.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill0604 View Post
    I thought it would be interesting to hear about other people's view/opinions of the various albums appearing on Progstreaming.

Here is my current list of what I like best although I have not listened to everything. I thought it would be interesting to hear what others have listened to.

Galahad - Euphoria Wonderful new release.

Former Life - electric Stillness Superb progressive album. I have owned this almost a year now and was hoping for a second album This would be a great
    band for one of the festivals i.e. Rosfest.

Albion - Indefinite State of Matter - Yet another excellent Polish band. I love this album!!

Illumion - Waves I heard this band almost two years ago and this album shows some maturity. They sound similar to the first song on Paatos V. It is
    probably the similarity in the female lead singer.

Ice Blue Orcehstra - Between Destinations Excellent three piece band from Germany.

Pendragon - Kowtow A little disappointing since it seems just more of the same, but it should satisfy Pendgragon fans. Better to see them live.
    Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    It's hard to keep up with this list. I've had tons of favorites, but because of the nature of it, they disappear quickly. I've bought many of them, although most were already targeted for purchase. I do agree with the Galahad selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    lots of great stuff on progstreaming. the new Discipline being one. barock project- coffee in neukoln was a very pleasant surprise. carpe nota was also really good since it seems a modern take on retro song styles.
    Well, I like this thread!

My own favourites, at the moment, are:

* Hidden Orchestra - Archipelago.

This one doesn't count as 'prog' at all, but as I've done the previous one, I thought: what the heck. I like it a lot myself, this style, and I figure that progfans might dig this too. Wish I could've featured the new Donald Fagen right next to it, but you can't have everything.

* Jadis - See Right Through You.

I know, I know, losing my credentials here. I'm just a sucker for Jadis. Hope we don't have to wait another 7 years.

* Alphataurus - AttosecondO

I know, new singer and only two remaining original members, but those two members were the initial songwriters. And the singer is just. amazing. There's keyboards all over this one, so the ones above digging Carpe Nota and Barrock should take note.

* Lost Kite - Lost Kite

Father and son-project, only 200 printed! It's a good debut, and I'm looking forward hearing a more 'grown' follow-up. Still, I spin this with pleasure.

There's lots there I myself haven't listened to enough or properly (that is, to enjoy it, rather than to evaluate it). Time's always the issue here.