Thread: Zletovsko 1st Album Trailer (with Tatsuya Yoshida)

Zletovsko 1st Album Trailer (with Tatsuya Yoshida)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfCYVhXRn80

From Waysidemusic's description:

The latest from the fertile mind of incredible drummer Tatsuya Yoshida, and it isn't even his band!

Zletovsko, a Japanese band with 'a Macedonian bizarre name', is a progressive rock/avant-progressive band formed in 2002 by keyboardist Isao Horikoshi and bassist Shigekazu Kuwahara. Kuwaharu was formerly a member of Koenjihyakkei and Pochakaite Malko. The band was originally a UK/ELP styled progressive rock trio, but eventually disbanded without making any recordings. Then in 2009, Isao and Shigekazu met up with drummer Tatsuya Yoshida and guitarist Kei Fushimi (who was a member of Lars Hollmer's SOLA).

This might appeal to Niacin fans too !

Very good release, this one. One of Yoshida's finest acts nowadays (next to Koenji and Korekyojin). Hope they keep it up.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Took me a few spins to get my head around this one, but once I did I really started liking it. There's a track or two here I'm not as fond of, but when they focus, they really cover a lot of ground in very interesting ways. They sort of sound like the love child of ELP and Happy Family, raised by Magma. Wild stuff, but the underlying structure emerges as you hear it more. Definitely one for the adventurous to check out.

Bill

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Excellent band/album. I hope it's more than a one off.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up on this. I really like the last Koenji Hyakkei album and the samples from this sound like they're in the same family. Going to pick this one up.

Sounds very interesting. Was not aware of this album that seems to have been released a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Sounds very interesting. Was not aware of this album that seems to have been released a couple of years ago.
    It says 2013 on Gnosis (and I think on the CD). What makes you think it was older?

Bill

I got misled by the description on Wayside's website. I somehow misread the review and thought it said that the album was recorded and released in 2009.

Ordered on Wayside hope its as good as it seems