Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You just can't make this stuff up

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I think creationists are a bunch of nutcases as well, but if Bowtie Boy really wants to show off, why doesn't he pull that sort of crap with Muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I think creationists are a bunch of nutcases as well, but if Bowtie Boy really wants to show off, why doesn't he pull that sort of crap with Muslims?
    Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Why is that?
    joker-not-sure-if-serious-300x136.jpg

Oh, I dunno. Just a thought.

How is Bill Nye going to convince Muslims that Pokemon trading cards are NOT going to lead to gambling? I mean, I'm not saying it does....but the sort of arguments involved in that discussion are far more sophisticated than "hey-the moon reflects sunlight, yo!"

Right?

I guess you didn't read beyond the first paragraph. They issued a fatwa in part because they consider the game based on the "Jewish-Darwinist" concept of evolution. That was just the first example I came across. If bowtie-boy wants to take on a religion maybe he could be a little more diverse about which ones he chooses. Maybe he just plays tough guy with the people he knows wont kill him.
    Last edited by Dave (in MA); 05-22-2013 at 05:16 PM.

I don't think his intention was to "take on religion" at all. He's generally not confrontational, as far as I know.

The point he was trying to make is so freaking elemental, I'm sure he never expected the response he got. I'm thinking that men of science like him have to be simply astounded by the ignorance displayed.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I don't think his intention was to "take on religion" at all. He's generally not confrontational, as far as I know.

The point he was trying to make is so freaking elemental, I'm sure he never expected the response he got. I'm thinking that men of science like him have to be simply astounded by the ignorance displayed.
    I'm guessing that "bow-tie boy" had a slight agenda going on there. But I'm also pretty sure that he felt his example of something that really is obviously fundamental was a safe one. I also think the bigger picture here is the point that religion and science can co-exist. People learn from experiences and many understand that ancient Biblical teachings are a product of a more-ignorant time than anything. It's all about having an open mind, not throwing away your spiritual beliefs. If he had any agenda, it wasn't against Christianity; it was likely against willful ignorance, which is one of our biggest problems that reaches far beyond religion.