Thread: Shineback - for Frost*,Tinyfish, Filkins and any fan of modern day progressive music

Out standing in my field trespass's Avatar

Shineback - for Frost*,Tinyfish, Filkins and any fan of modern day progressive music

Any body heard these guys yet? I just hear "Crush Culture" off their upcoming CD "Rise Up Forgotten, Return Destroyed". It kicks arse. Many of the heavy weights of modern day english progressive music are involved in this. Google it, it's a must hear. Can't wait for the album. I am just a fan, a heads up to those who love these bands....

Shineback the highly anticipated new project from Tinyfish frontman Simon Godfrey. Following on from Tinyfish's 2010 album The Big Red Spark, the project explores elements of cinematic music, electronica and rock which seeks to exemplify the true nature of what it means to be a progressive musician in the 21st century. It features a host of well known prog musicians including Matt Stevens (Fierce And The Dead), Dec Alpha Flood, Dec Burke Band), Henry Rogers (Touchstone, DeeExpus), Andy Ditchfield (DeeExpus), Hywel Benett (Dec Burke Band), Paul Worwood (Tinyfish) and Danny Claire (Ion Blue, Michael Angelo)

The album is out on July 1, and is the first release from the Bad Elephant Music label. It was being played over the PA between sets at the Celebr8.2 festival yesterday. I wasn't playing any attention so I can't comment on how good it will be. It would seem that I'd about the only person whi's friendly with Tinyfish who hasn't heard it yet.

You can pre-order at http://themerchdesk.com/.