Thread: David Stopps at Steve Hackett's Concert and Peter Gabriel's 71 "accident" story

David Stopps at Steve Hackett's Concert and Peter Gabriel's 71 "accident" story

David Stopps (Aylesbury Friars promoter) Tells Amando Gallo the great Story about Peter Gabriel diving into the audience in 1971... and that ended badly!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...l/posts/476861

Hi There,

Thank you very much for your support so far. We are on the final week of the campaign and I am spending a couple of days in England with Steve Hackett and Genesis music from the 70s. The concert at Aylesbury Friars was fantastic and at the end of the evening I hooked up with David Stopps, the original Friars promoter and here he is reminiscing something really interesting from a Genesis concert of 1971:

One Love,

Armando

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I would contribute to this, but I don't think there's any way I'd be able to view the thing since I don't have a tablet. I wish it was also being released on DVD or something.

Hi Armando,

Welcome to PE! Thanks for the link. The Peter Gabriel broken ankle story has always been a funny one. I'm sure at the time it wasn't funny and glad that at later gigs the audience learned to catch Peter! It's good to see you and David Stopps having a chat and laugh about it.

Armando, I, like you will always love the prog-era Genesis, and will NEVER get over how great they were. I met you in 1979 when Steve Hackett had his first solo gig in Los Angeles at the Roxy Theater. I bought the 1979 reprint of your first edition book about Genesis, "The Evolution Of A Rock Band," and still have it today in almost mint condition. I stands proudly with other memorabilia from the first progressive rock era.

I attended the Cal-Prog gig here of Hackett's Genesis Revisited tour on April 1st and it was indeed a dream come true, seeing and hearing those timeless songs come alive once more. I met you wife, and learned about your current and on-going projects involving Genesis. Congratulations that you met your goal on the book app project.

I hope we prog fans here at PE will hear from your often about all things Genesis. Thanks...

Ciao!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.