Thread: Barry Ryan sings Paul Ryan album

Barry Ryan sings Paul Ryan album

This is real gem for me. From 1969. tracks are woven into each other, so you get the feeling it's a concept album.
    The first song Theme To Eutopia is big prog classic. Orchestration absolutely not like other
    violin drenched songs from that period. The intro for my mama!! it sounds like a Neal Morse intro for a big epic. Eloise ? yes, but there are more great tracks on this album. Last track Kristan Astra Bella is a weird psychedelic song. After all these years it still sound as good as way back then. track 1 and 11 introduced me for progressive rock (I bought it way back in 1969 as my very first LP, better as an James Last LP which my father recommended me all the time)

Barry Ryan performed in 2007 Eloise for French TV, his voice still sounding great:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv__GecWVqI

Any other thoughts about this album??

Sunday I was listening to Kim Wilde Magic Radio Show and the song Everlasting Love was played which got me thinking about Eloise and that I should check out some reviews of Barry Ryan's albums on RYM. So the recommendation is very timely, thanks. Matthew and Son and House that Jack Built were also of that time when orchestrated rock wasn't much different to Time and a Word.

Eloise is in my top 5 songs ever ..might have to check this album out !