Thread: Unifaun Reissue

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Unifaun Reissue

Haven't looked over the details, but breaking news anyway. Sort of.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=697227

It strikes me as a bit odd to reissue an album five years after it's initial release. I have it and like it!

Probably the original run sold out?

I love this album so much. I'm going to go and listen to it now. Thanks for the reminder!

So soon XD
    anyway, thanks a lot!

they changed the cover art right?

Yes, new cover. It is a shame, when I first saw the cover, I thought "cool. new album!" Disappointed to find out it is just a re-issue.

Despite being a shameless Genesis clone, which they cheerfully admitted, this one has stood the test of time for me. I'm surprised how often I still play it.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I "fauned" (sorry) over this release when it first came out, and happily had my copy signed by Nad at the "Power of Two" (AoM and Karmakanik) show several years ago.

And does Peter Gabriel better than Peter Gabriel! The songs are great, too! Are there real drums on this?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Yes, new cover. It is a shame, when I first saw the cover, I thought "cool. new album!" Disappointed to find out it is just a re-issue.
    The same happened to me when I saw Nad's Facebook post about this. That's why I made sure to put the word "reissue" in my subject line. I thought it was worth mentioning, but didn't want to get people too excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    And does Peter Gabriel better than Peter Gabriel! The songs are great, too! Are there real drums on this?
    Both real and programmed, according to Nad.

What was the coded message on the inside of the booklet? I have it but I thought you may like to share it here again for those that don't...plus I forgot. lol

The message is this: "When Steve Hackett left Genesis in 1977, many fans interpreted his exodus as the final death knoll for the band's musical integrity." It also appears in spoken form - backwards - at the tail end of "Swinger's Party" and into the beginning few seconds of the track "Rehacksis." In light of this statement, it's pretty interesting that he's fronting Steve Hackett's band on the current tour!

I have the FLAC downloads (from Mindawn) of the Unifaun album from when it was first released in early summer of 2008. I also have a PDF of the album booklet,
    since there was no physical product available at the time. No price for the CD given on the Soundclick site. Don't really know if it's worth paying again for a physical CD with new artwork. What's really weird about this for me is that the original Unifaun release marks the point that I first discovered and joined PE!
    Nad Sylvan was a member of the site at that time. While he was here, he posted some interesting bits of info about his musical vision. I now believe that he joined the site to promote the new album.