Thread: Sweet Fanny Adams- Revisited!

Sweet Fanny Adams- Revisited!

This was Sweet's transitional album from bubblegum pop stars to serious rockers! Have just visited their web site & Andy Scott's current version of the band have re-recorded the entire album live for CD release! Might have to check this out !

Any other fans of The Sweet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    This was Sweet's transitional album from bubblegum pop stars to serious rockers! Have just visited their web site & Andy Scott's current version of the band have re-recorded the entire album live for CD release! Might have to check this out !

Any other fans of The Sweet ?
    Big Sweet fan here, although I never owned this particular album.

Steve Sly

Great band. I love everything from the bubble gum hits through the last couple of albums without Brian Connolly. These guys should have been as big as Kiss, Aerosmith and AC/DC. Very influential band though. The albums from Sweet FA through Off The Record are the true must-haves, IMO.

Yeah, great band and great album! I have all of their releases and they are all very good, even the poppy early stuff. Underrated and influential for sure.

Banned
    I have the U.S version of Desolation Boulevard. I used to have a great hits package by these guys, and was shocked to discovery that this was the same band that did Little Willy. I was also shocked when my local rock radio station played the album version of Love Is Like Oxygen. Love the classical guitar and synth breaks on that one. Btw, I don't think of AC/DC as bubble gum(just listen to the lyrics). Also, the music is hard rock. My favorite Sweet song is The 6 Teens.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I have the U.S version of Desolation Boulevard. I used to have a great hits package by these guys, and was shocked to discovery that this was the same band that did Little Willy. I was also shocked when my local rock radio station played the album version of Love Is Like Oxygen. Love the classical guitar and synth breaks on that one. Btw, I don't think of AC/DC as bubble gum(just listen to the lyrics). Also, the music is hard rock. My favorite Sweet song is The 6 Teens.
    Yeah, those AC/DC lyrics are definitely not bubble gum fodder! Ever hear the Joan Jett cover?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Yeah, those AC/DC lyrics are definitely not bubble gum fodder! Ever hear the Joan Jett cover?
    "AC, DC. Some other lover as well as me. She's found some other woman as well as me". Maybe someone should look up AC/DC in the dictionary? No, I have not heard the Joan Jett version.