Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Richie Havens

RIP.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Sheesh, another one gone.

Death is part of life. It isn't an end to the soul,just the body and the mind(with all it's memories intact) keeps living. We feel the loss and sadness of course,but's it how we were raised. The Western Culture and the "R" words are pretty much the only people that don't understand the infinity of life as an eternal journey. This idea that because we can't see,hear and touch our loved ones anymore they are no longer living somewhere else in the vast universe is just part of our conditioning. Listen to Yes-Tales From Topographic Oceans and read what Jon wrote in those liner notes again. It's all right there folks. Or,the book that inspired it,Paramahansa Yogananda-Autobiography Of A Yogi,or The Tibetan Book Of The Dead. You'll see that those are not sad,depressing books,but uplifting,inspiring and calming guides on how to deal with the transformation we know of as death. Everyone gets eternal life,whether they believe in whatever,because that's how life works. We see this all around us all the time, how the Caterpillar becomes a Butterfly, a snake sheds it's skin, a seed becomes an edible fruit or vegetable. "There is no end nor beginning to my death,DEATH IS LIFE!"-Greg Lake(1970) Be not surprised when other good people that have reached their age of completion on this plane. As Jim Morrison so wisely said:"No one here gets out alive." Appreciate that they were here and touched so many souls with their music,art or wisdom. After they are gone, the best way to honor their memory is to keep the dream of peace,love, and understanding alive. IMHO of course.
    Last edited by Rand Kelly; 04-22-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Reincarnate In Perpetuity.

Jim Ladd on Sirius/XM-Deep Tracks is doing a tribute to Richie,but my watching is apprx. 40 min. behind due to a phone call.

Oh boy, truely sad. Love his unique voice.

LOVE his version of Here Comes The Sun. I always hoped I'd get a chance to see him in concert. RIP Richie

RIP RICHIE HAVENS

Richie Havens has died from a heart attack, age 72.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...ns-dead-at-72/

I know he's not prog, but his work on Hackett's 77 masterpiece Please Don't Touch brought his music to me & many other prog fans.

RIP Richie

His Woodstock perfornance is iconic, R.I.P.
    I live in an ephemeral eternity

If you cannot feel that man's passion when he's singing, you can't possibly have a heart.

Incomparable.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post
    Reincarnate In Perpetuity.
    Nice one.

Damn. His Woodstock appearance was the first I heard of him, and his performance really captured me. I'm grateful to have heard and felt his message. Fly on.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

In case you didn't see it,I already started a thread about Richie Havens yesterday.

RIP.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

This saturday, I was dancing at a party to this song...

RIP!!!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Just saw this. His voice was so authentic and soulful. RIP Ritchie, you were one of a kind and will be missed greatly.

Rick

-=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-