Thread: Of Monsters And Men

Of Monsters And Men

This is a band from Iceland which have very catchy tunes. Anybody else on PE check them out yet? It's like indie folk upbeat. Go to youtube and listen to Little Talks. Could she be the next Kate Bush? Beautiful voice.

I only know "Little Talks" and "Love Love Love," but love them both. Agree that she really has a beautiful voice.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Of this whole nu-indie-folk wave that has been going on I find them the least interesting. I wholeheartedly recommend Mumford & Sons though. Good songwriting, very good live band.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Of this whole nu-indie-folk wave that has been going on I find them the least interesting.
    I don't know a lot of those nu-indie-folk bands but agree about this one. I haven't minded hearing their album (My Head Is an Animal--don't know if it's their only one) the times my wife's played it, but after a bunch of listens I still don't care about it one way or another.

Maybe it's a genre thing. I don't connect much with the overall sound of things under the whole "indie" umbrella. Can't put my finger on why some bands make an exception to that rule, but this hasn't been one of 'em.

Would wish this band was more widely. Proper folk ;-) and catchy as hell :-)

I love this band! Along with Silversun Pickups, I think they are the two best Indie bands out there.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain