Thread: New RESISTOR "Live At RoSfest" CD now available

New RESISTOR "Live At RoSfest" CD now available

http://steveunruh.com/order.html

Just ordered this, moments after receiving the latest update e-mail from Steve Unruh. I'm a big fan of these guys (and Steve's solo albums which are excellent!).... really looking forward to this. Here's today's update from Steve, regarding this release as well as lots of other stuff (like the new studio album!)

Hi, everybody! For those of you in the northern US, happy what's-supposed-to-be-spring. (Also known as, "why isn't it warm yet?")

I have a few musical updates to report:

First, the Resistor: Live at RoSfest CD is released! And it turned out rather well, if I do say so myself. You can check out an audio trailer and purchase the album if you're so inclined at steveunruh.com. And you should be so inclined . BTW, I apologize to my international customers for the high single CD shipping rate. Postal rates changed this year, and typically have doubled for a single CD to Europe, for example. Somehow two CDs ship for almost the same price as they used to, so they must have changed their weight cutoffs. Anyway, I apologize, and this is not a ploy to make you buy two CDs instead of one... although if you think about it, it does rather work best that way!

Second, the Colossus Lovecraft 3-CD set is finally available in the US. I found it at The Laser's Edge (https://www.lasercd.com/node/9689). In my opinion, this sets the new standard for Colossus Projects. Disc 2 has been in my car in near constant rotation for a couple of weeks; there is just so much great new original progressive music on this project. And of course it opens with a 14-minute track written by me .

After two years, our new Samurai of Prog album is finished! The master audio and gorgeous 40-page (!) booklet are currently being manufactured by Musea records. On a related personal note, I had a special experience finally getting to meet my friend Jon Davison face-to-face a week ago. (Jon and I have worked together on three Samurai of Prog tunes.) He very kindly hooked me up with tickets and aftershow passes to the Yes show in Connecticut. Yes rocked, the 5000-seat theater was full and enthusiastic, and Jon is truly as nice as you might imagine him to be from his stage persona.

The new Willowglass album, throughout which I played violin and flute, is being manufactured. This will be another wonderful album with wonderful artwork. What a joy it was to work on this music. As a point of reference, imagine an instrumental album in the vein of "Song to the Sky" with vintage keyboards.

And there are some future things in the works as well:

We're in the thick of mixing and overdubs for the new (and much-delayed) Resistor album, "To the Stars". All the base tracks are recorded, as are most of the vocals and such. Just missing a few violin parts, harmony vocals, and chocolate sprinkles. Hopefully it'll FINALLY be wrapped up by late spring or early summer... about a year behind our original schedule. But we want it to be great, and would rather delay the album than rush through it and be unhappy with our compositional refinements and performances.

Violin work should be starting soon for the new Unitopia (double) album. That should be fun!

The Samurai of Prog will be recording a cover of "Wreck of the Hesperus" for a Mellow Records tribute to Procul Harum. I'll sing and play violin.

And finally for you who like my solo albums best, I should mention that I am writing a new batch of acoustic-guitar-led stuff that will probably turn into solo album #9. But don't hold your breath... given all the other projects I'm working on, plus a wonderful but very busy family life and a demanding engineering career, it may take a long time before solo album #9 takes form.

And speaking of that busy stuff, my lunch break is almost over and I've got to grab a quick bite to eat and get back to work!

-Steve
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Really enjoyed the Rosfest performance, so the CD is an autobuy. And I will also heap praise for the new HP Lovecraft set. Have been listening to it a lot since it arrived. Any chance the new Samurai will be ready in time for Rosfest?

This arrived yesterday and I am enjoying it right now! Good sounding live recording, and I love the new song (title track of the next studio album To The Stars).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***