Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Explosions reported at finish line of Boston Marathon

Well, they weren't under FBI watch immediately before the bombing, right? The older brother was interviewed two years ago, and he fell off the radar.

The bombs were made of relatively ordinary household items, so the whole "planning and building" thing is pretty easy to do surreptitiously.

And, the way they handled themselves after their pictures were spread indicates to me that they were pretty amateur; i.e. not too involved in any terrorist group.

I'm not saying that we have all of the facts (I'm pretty convinced that we don't, and never will), but I don't see too many inconsistencies in the story so far.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    ...furthermore, they did not made any effort to escape but went on the life like nothing happened.
    Aw, c'mon dude. How are you supposed to get 72 virgins if you chicken out?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    GRENDEL!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The bombs were made of relatively ordinary household items, so the whole "planning and building" thing is pretty easy to do surreptitiously.
    Well, that's the thing. I'm reading that building and successfully detonating these bombs is actually not something that is easy for amateurs to do surreptitously. I'm reading that the older brother likely was trained in this regard.

As for the younger guy... as Breaking Bad fans can appreciate, "better call Saul!"

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Aw, c'mon dude. How are you supposed to get 72 virgins if you chicken out?
    You know you cannot find 72 virgins in US ...

You know you cannot find 72 virgins in US ...
    Unless you are looking for males.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

...there is something about the case that does not compute...
    ...the guys pulled off one of the most daring terrorist stunt in US history (while under alleged FBI watch)...keeping it in the secret in terms of planning, building the weapons and preparations… in the total hiding up to the point...and then they appear to lose the plot altogether...acting like sitting ducks... exposed themselves during the actions itself (no effort to change appearance, walking together) ...furthermore, they did not made any effort to escape but went on the life like nothing happened...well till they were identified…

I mean you are either completely stupid or there is something else to the case …
    They should have easily figured out that they'd eventually be identified. So maybe their actions after they were identified was all part of their plan? They planned to go out in a hail of gunfire? Who knows...

If these guys were trained, they were either trained poorly, or they were supposed to be wearing the backpacks when they exploded, like a good terrorist does. They did a pretty amateurish job and, it seems to me, were just lucky that they succeeded in actually detonating. They pretty much failed in every other aspect. They were picked up on a multitude of cameras, wore distinguishing clothing, made bombs that could easily have been more devastating, blew them up at street-level instead of head-level. Hell, they even implicated themselves by throwing the same kind of bomb at the cops during the first shootout.

I suppose the one brother learned something during that time in Chechnya, or was, at least radicalized, but he didn't learn well. I'm inclined to guess they learned how to make the bombs from the Internet. It's all there for anyone who wants to learn.

A guy on facebook posted a picture a friend sent of her friend crossing the finish line.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I hope that piece of shit get's the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I hope that piece of shit get's the death penalty.
    Right now, the most important thing is what they can get out of him.

Give him due process.

Banned
    Russian security pointed the FBI to this slayer:

http://rt.com/news/fbi-tsarnaev-foreign-request-150/

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Russian security pointed the FBI to this slayer:

http://rt.com/news/fbi-tsarnaev-foreign-request-150/
    Riiiiggghhht....

And the FBI investigated.

And found nothing suspicious.

The article then goes on to say that the Boston suspects may have been involved in a group that wasn't interested in attacking the U.S. but wanted to attack Russia.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    The real nut job is dead. He killed his brothers pot dealer on 9/11/11. Funny how that story isn't making headlines
    Hey, check out this article from ABCNews!

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/boston...ry?id=19015628

Riiiiggghhht....

The article then goes on to say that the Boston suspects may have been involved in a group that wasn't interested in attacking the U.S. but wanted to attack Russia.
    Indeed. the Chechnyans hate Putin. They don't really have a beef with the US.

Banned
    These guys were beyond Russian hating according to those who have seen the videos on his website.

Banned
    Riiiiggghhht....

Just shows how stupid journalists are. This nut job was a hater who used religion to self rationalize hate against anybody or organization.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Give him due process.
    Thank you.

The more I see or hear about this thing, the less I believe.

What I do believe:

1. No one really wants to go out in a "blaze of glory". That's just bullshit. Anyone who is willing to blow themself up is brainwashed. These two guys did neither. There's a whole lot more here than meets the eye.

2. When I was nineteen years-old I might have been mad at my parents, but I didn't blow them up. Beyond that, I just wanted to get laid. I suppose that if my little head told me to commit an act of terrorism, then I might have done exactly that since I was a slave to my little head when in was nineteen. Fortunately, my little head had a one-track mind. I've never met a nineteen year-old man who wasn't mostly influenced by his little head, or by the dominating male in his life. Figure it out.
    I'm in no way sympathizing with this guy, but a kid is usually a kid. If not, then you have to wonder why, at least.

3. This whole thing is going way too fast in terms of celebratory acts, and something is terribly wrong with that. If we really want to get to the truth, then it's damn sure not gonna happen by holding up the process. The media needs to back off and let everyone do their jobs, and the ones who should be trying to solve this crime should not be patting themselves on the back at a BoSox game. Save that shit for later. Celebrate when the job's done, and it ain't done yet. We seem to think that we deserve a feel-good moment before some of the real victims can even wrap their heads around the fact that they have no legs or feet.
    Last edited by Banquo; 04-22-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post

I'm in no way sympathizing with this guy, but a kid is usually a kid.
    In a way i do. What he participated in is inexcusable. but he`s 19. is rather americanized from all accounts. was intelligent. I think maybe his asshole brother brainwashed him somehow. it`s just hard to imagine this kid having a desire to die for the chechens. these guys were not smart criminals, that`s for sure...something really dont make sense. i hope they eventually get at the truth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    In a way i do.
    Well, I think that no matter how old you are, once you make a concerted decision to break the law, then you have to deal with the consequences. That's this guy's fate and it's a shame. My point is that we should be spending more time getting to understand why this happens and how to prevent it, and less time spent on calling for their nuts to be cut off.