Thread: Esoteric April/May and tours.

Esoteric April/May and tours.

Hi guys

Quick update for you of our schedule here at Esoteric over the next 2 months. very manic at the moment here. Lots going on.

April releases as follows

Todd Rundgren-State --2 Cd deluxe (2nd disc is live in Amsterdam in November 2012 with the Dutch metropole orchestra at the Paradiso)
    Todd Rundgren-State--single edition
    Climax Blues BAnd-tightly Knit
    Climax Blues Band--FM Live
    Climax Blues Band-Rich Man
    Juicy Lucy-Get A Whiff A This
    Mountain-Go for your Life
    Cochise-velvet Mountain (2Cd anthology)

John Lees Barclay James Harvest--Unreservedly Yours) Digital only "single release. (8th April)

Available Amazon, i-tunes etc. Has been number one classic rock download in germany and UK this week and well placed just in "rock". If I can just mention if you like your prog--very " far out there" then this may not be for you. If you do like well crafted softer progrock/AOR with the mellotron--- then this is a lovely track. The band are using it on their current tour in germany and the track has had lots of attention. the bands new album "North" will be out in the Autumn--first for 12 years--this track is quite untypical of the rest of the album. . If you are "radio" and would like the WAV for airplay--let me know please.

May releases

Hawkwind--Warrior on the Edge of Time (3Cd mini box)

Hawkwind--large box set. This set has full book, vinyl, postcards and poster plus all the music on the 3 Cd version --Full details on the Esoteric website.

Hawkwind-Warrior on the Edge of Time-single edition-digipack

Ginhouse-s/t

Vanilla Fudge-Rock & Roll

Henry Lowther-Childsong (jazz rock)

Alan Hull--Squire

In addition Cherry Red have several releases for Record Store Day --we ourselves have the rare Hawkwind Single-Kings of Speed (exact replica picture sleeve)
    The Fall 'Sir William Wray'
    House Of Love 'A Baby Got Back On Its Feet'
    Parlour Flames 'Manchester Rain'
    Big Country 'In A Broken Promised Land'
    Hawkwind 'Kings Of Speed'

Tours

John lees BJH
    at the moment we have John Lees Barclay James Harvest just starting a tour in germany. Dates on the BJH website --www.barclayjamesharvest.com
    Their UK shows in November to support their new album "North" due in september are also on the BJH site.

Uk support will be Gordon Giltrap and Oliver Wakeman apart from Edinburgh (Anne Marie Helder)

Todd Rundgren--Todd is on tour in USA, UK, Europe, JApan and Australia in the late spring and summer--details on the Esoteric website

Sanguine Hum, Tin Spirits and Matt Stevens
    I have two "Esoteric" dates booked with Sanguine Hum, Tin Spirits and Matt Stevens and we are promoting these directly. the shows are £12.50 for a very full evening-

Sanguine Hums new album-Weight of the World has so far had great reviews--we think its fantastic, recommended to all those who like melancholic modern prog. Steven Wilson kindly told us that he loves the album . the band will also be opening up the Night of the Prog festival at Lorelei in germany , With Steven Wilson and Opeth headlining.

Tin Spirits--terrific live band featuring Dave Gregory (XTC and Big Big Train) on guitar. TS play a great mix of original material, some XTC covers and a few "prog" covers too--all with a great vibe--if you havent seen them I thoroughly recommend them . We hope to have a new album with the band shortly.

Matt Stevens---I don’t think Matt needs much of an intro for many of you--hes a one man virtuso of prog loops and alternative sounds! Also one of the loveliest guys in the business..

7th June--the Borderline--London (start from 6.45pm)
    http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/artist/sa...tickets/918180

21st June--Band on the Wall-Manchester
    http://bandonthewall.org/events/3964/

FINALLY

Fantastic fun competition to create simple video animation of a single line from Todds new album for the creative amongst you

http://toddrundgrenstate.com/creationcontest/ for general fans that want to submit

http://toddrundgrenstate.com/creationcontestpro/ for any professional film or digital-media-

Great thing to do on the digital media side of things- for the creatives amongst you--

Cheers

Vicky

www.esotericrecordings.com
    Last edited by Esoteric; 04-12-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: missed something out.