3. Animal from the Muppets
    4. Steven Adler
    5. Phil Collins
    6. Patrick Carney
    7. The Mad Drummer
    8. Travis Barker
    9. Meg White
    10. Terry Bozzio

Terry Bozzio is #10, and Phil Collins is #5.

Ouch! Easy to pick on the drummers! Don't know who "The Mad Drummer" is so i can't comment on that! (ok, i clicked on the article, that guy's just following his muse--cut him some slack! )

I don't think Animal from The Muppets belongs on this list. That was just his true "animal" essence on display--his intrinsic soul shining brightly and truthfully--he really is just an animal after all!

Poor Phil, he deserves enormous respect for his drumming talents. Plus, he's a southpaw who played a left-handed setup kit--rather than a lefty playing a *typical* right-handed setup drumset--gotta love that!
    Last edited by syncopatico; 04-11-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    From The Riverfront Times, a St. Louis weekly newspaper web site:
    Really? Somebody's actually making money for this?

Animal is NOT douchy!! And Terry only was when Frank wanted him to be And the Mad Drummer is the most awesome on the list.

Curious to know what makes Meg White douchey. I don't follow news about her. All I know is, she's slipped into relative obscurity & rock music lovers & musicians all say her drumming sucks.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Curious to know what makes Meg White douchey.
    Perhaps it was meant in the literal sense of the word.

I'd prolly get slammed for this, but considering some of the anti-rock comments he made, I would add Buddy Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I'd prolly get slammed for this, but considering some of the anti-rock comments he made, I would add Buddy Rich.

I thought he'd be first on the list. The tape one of his members made when Rich was on a (apparently quite common tirade) is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by fictionmusic View Post
    I thought he'd be first on the list. The tape one of his members made when Rich was on a (apparently quite common tirade) is priceless.
    I'm not sure BR was a douche- he was (at least reputedly) a giant prick. There seems to be a difference for the purpose of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I'm not sure BR was a douche- he was (at least reputedly) a giant prick.
    Well, they both go the same place, don't they?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It's the blog for one of those free entertainment ad sheets - hardly a real newspaper.

[Terry Bozzio is #10, and Phil Collins is #5. ]

Yeah, we can see that.

Bill Bruford should be on there. Great drummer but a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Bill Bruford should be on there. Great drummer but a douche.
    Wha?

I've met him, and thought he was a perfect gentleman with a great, dry sense of humor.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Well, "anti-rock n roll" statements were par for the course in the 50's entertainment industry. Lots of people made wisecracks on the topic, from Mitch Miller to Frank Sinatra. And let's not forget Steve Allen's infamous stunt where he recited the lyrics to Be Bop A Lula as if it were poetry (though Steve at least knew how to have fun with the early rockers by having them on his show...and let's not forget that great clip of Frank Zappa playing the bicycle on his show).

As for the stories about Buddy's behaviour towards the members of his band, he wanted a perfect performance out of them. The tape of him ripping them to shreds was because he was upset about the guys making too many clams onstage. I think any musician would be pissed if the other guys in his band kept making mistakes.

Granted, given that fact that it was Buddy everyone was really coming to see, I'm not sure anyone in the audience would have cared or noticed that the trumpet player made a mistake, since it was the drummer they were there to hear.

At any rate, I've heard it said that Buddy was actually not that bad a guy, most of the time. But when he got upset about something, watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Wha?

I've met him, and thought he was a perfect gentleman with a great, dry sense of humor.

I met him too which is why I called him a douche. Obviously my experience with him was different than yours. However, I've heard others say things that are similar to my experience. Maybe douche is a little harsh but at the very least he was a hothead.

A lot of Buddy Rich recordings had all the taste and aesthetic sensiblities of a velveeta w/ miracle whip sandwich. He could play, but was a cornball hack and an asshole... FZ, Mingus, Gil Evans and Don Ellis were light years beyond him as bandleaders... the notion that he needed to be a belligerent turd to get musicians to perform up to his "high" standards is for great thinkers like George W. Bush.

Douchiest???? Does not compute!

The drummer for the original Hello People, Ronnie Blake - drums (stage name "Thump Thump")

Anyone stage-named "Thump-Thump" deserves a place in this thread
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

I'm sure a lot of folks would put Neil Peart on that list as well. I've never met him so I can't say.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Animal is NOT douchy!!.
    Nope !! Animal is Philthy (Taylor) from Motorhead... he seems quite a douche to me!!
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Well, "anti-rock n roll" statements were par for the course in the 50's entertainment industry.
    Perhaps, but he maintained that attitude throughout his career.

I think most of the list is crap but Lars, Tommy Lee, and Adler are prime douches.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    I'm sure a lot of folks would put Neil Peart on that list as well. I've never met him so I can't say.
    Neil is kind of socially awkward, but he has loosen up over the years
    I live in an ephemeral eternity

Quote Originally Posted by The Fantastic Progo Rican View Post
    Neil is kind of socially awkward, but he has loosen up over the years
    I agree. He's not a dick. He just gets embarrassed when people praise him, so he chooses not to socialize with them.