Thread: Round House (The Japanese Band)

Round House (The Japanese Band)

It looks like they’re back:

I guess only the guitarist and bass player were from the original band. And are the drums pre-recorded or sequenced? Whatever, I think the violin works really well with this song (what about those false eyelashes, though?).

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:nothing

No one? Does nobody own their strangely-titled album Jin-zo-ni-n-gen? I admit, I only have 70s West Japanese Rock Scene, which just has the one track. I believe Scheherazade and Maria were the other bands that eventually had full (archival) albums released, though Tenchi-sozo later became Ain Soph. No idea if there’s any other stuff by the rest of the acts, but Charisma’s one song is cool (and based on the one track, I might want to track down that Maria disc).

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"'Thin Thighs For Your Man.' But I don't *like* men with thin thighs" --Daria

N.P.:“French Sky Lines Suite”-Earthstar/French Skyline
    Last edited by Progbear; 11-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Just saw the thread. I have four cds by them. If I remember correctly they are similar to Ain Soph. Will listen to the most recent one today.

Just listened to 3-D and am now listening to Wings To Rest. These two cds sound more like a cross between Kenso and Prism with 3-D a little more spacial with keyboard /orchestration sound and Wings a little more crunchy with more guitar.

This tune souds very inspired by Zamla

Just finished listening to Jin.Zo-Ni.N.Gen, this was the one that had a little Camel/Ain Soph influence. The title track on West To Rest starts out sounding like Moondance by Van Morrison. I thought that was kind of interesting.

"Jin.Zo-Ni.N.Gen" I have this and like it. I started a thread years ago on this band but got no responses.

I have 3-D and Jin.Zo.Ni.N.Gen. The other two are very hard to find, if I am not mistaken.

I also have a live disc by them.

Quote Originally Posted by adewolf View Post
    "Jin.Zo-Ni.N.Gen" I have this and like it. I started a thread years ago on this band but got no responses.
    I think it was your flatulence.

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    It looks like they’re back:

I guess only the guitarist and bass player were from the original band. And are the drums pre-recorded or sequenced? Whatever, I think the violin works really well with this song (what about those false eyelashes, though?).

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:nothing
    loved that! but... if you can only afford 5 musicians, dump the Saxophone and hire a drummer

did this ever result in a 5th album?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    No one? Does nobody own their strangely-titled album Jin-zo-ni-n-gen? I admit, I only have 70s West Japanese Rock Scene, which just has the one track. I believe Scheherazade and Maria were the other bands that eventually had full (archival) albums released, though Tenchi-sozo later became Ain Soph. No idea if there’s any other stuff by the rest of the acts, but Charisma’s one song is cool (and based on the one track, I might want to track down that Maria disc).
    Scheherazade later became Novela, they also reunited (2010?) and had at least two new albums. Charisma reunited (with the guitarist of Kennedy!) and had an album out one or two years ago.

That Roundhouse track sounds really good, have to track them down.

Last edited by TheH; 10-01-2016 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    loved that! but... if you can only afford 5 musicians, dump the Saxophone and hire a drummer

did this ever result in a 5th album?
    Yuup, in 2013 they released another one

Wow, this thread is like Contac™! Time-release!

I just listened to the Maria track off of 70s West Japanese Rock Scene and forgot how much I liked it (Also linked above). I need to track down the whole album one of these days.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...