Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd Arnold Layne original 1967 vinyl EP

Pink Floyd Arnold Layne original 1967 vinyl EP

Hi.

I would want to know how many Arnold Layne EPs were pressed in 1967: http://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-Th...elease/1090919

That link goes to both the single and the French EP. I don't know exactly how many of the EP were made but it is ultra-rare.

Copies sell for upwards of 600 pounds.

The version of "Interstellar Overdrive" is just an edit from the album version. If that's what you're after (and it's really not worth tracking down) the 40th Anniv. edition of PIPER has it on the bonus disc.

But if you want the EP just as a collector's item, good luck!
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

I do not want to buy the EP I am just curious

What EP are you talking about? As far as I know there was only the two track 45 rpm single that came out in 67. Arnold Layne/Candy & a Currant Bun. If that is what you mean it isn't an EP. A 7" EP traditionally had at least 3 tracks, sometimes 4, sometimes 6, sometimes even 8, and often was 33rpm not 45rpm. I have one 7" EP that is 33rpm and it has 8 tracks. EP = Extended Play i.e. not a two track Single.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    What EP are you talking about? As far as I know there was only the two track 45 rpm single that came out in 67. Arnold Layne/Candy & a Currant Bun. If that is what you mean it isn't an EP. A 7" EP traditionally had at least 3 tracks, sometimes 4, sometimes 6, sometimes even 8, and often was 33rpm not 45rpm. I have one 7" EP that is 33rpm and it has 8 tracks. EP = Extended Play i.e. not a two track Single.

It's just the Arnold Layne single with an edit of "IO." (click the OP link for details)

Whether its technically an "EP" aside, it's known to Floyd freaks as "The French EP."

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I am talking about this one: http://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-Th...elease/1090919

All The Beatles 7" EPs I have are 45RPM, FWIW. There were a lot of 12" 33RPM ones in the 80s that came out.

"Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

So how many Eps were pressed?

Dude, it was a promo EP. I doubt you're going to find an exact number. They are very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludovico View Post
    Okay, but just so you know that is a single not an EP.

Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post
    Dude, it was a promo EP. I doubt you're going to find an exact number. They are very rare.
    I know they are rare, but that's why I would want to know what does "rare" mean exactly.

I know they are rare, but that's why I would want to know what does "rare" mean exactly.
    Low internal temperature. Almost under-cooked.

Ba-da-dum!

Ron will be performing the rest of the week. Remember to tip your waitstaff!

You know damned well that, if I didn't do it, some other wise ass would.

I still don't have an answer.

I have some rare LPs, for example Jean Luc Chevalier - Dromadaire, the label Cryonic pressed 1500 copies in 1984. Nowadays a LP is rare when 500 or less copies are pressed and become out of print.

rare [rair]
    adjective, rar·er, rar·est.
    1. coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon: a rare disease; His visits are rare occasions.
    2. thinly distributed over an area; few and widely separated: Lighthouses are rare on that part of the coast.
    3. having the component parts not closely compacted together; not dense: rare gases; lightheaded from the rare mountain air.
    4. unusually great: a rare display of courage.
    5. unusually excellent; admirable; fine: She showed rare tact in inviting them.

Rarity does not necessarily mean value.

I just want to know how many EPs were pressed

Apparently, nobody here knows.

HAve you done any of your own research?

You could find one and press it yourself.

Hi.

I would want to know how many Arnold Layne EPs were pressed in 1967: http://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-Th...elease/1090919
    The item you're refering to isn't an EP. It's an ordinary single with only two tracks. This single not very rare, but hard to find in mint condition because of the fact it's 47 years old. Not many copies have been well preservered.

I picked up a PF 45 back in the early 70s. I still have it but haven't laid eyes on it in years. One side was "Careful..." & the other was "Point Me At The Sky".

Quote Originally Posted by karel hupjé View Post
    The item you're refering to isn't an EP. It's an ordinary single with only two tracks.
    He's talking about the French EP Columbia ESRF 1857 with three tracks, including "Interstellar Overdrive," although only the two A-side tracks are listed on the front of the picture sleeve. This was reissued in 1987 as EMI SP 1339. The question of how many copies of the original were pressed, however, is not likely to be answerable.

Pink Floyd EP

I just want to know how many EPs were pressed
    Its rare, but maybe not ridiculously so. There are a few for sale on Discogs & Ebay at the moment. I also have a copy. So thats at lease 4 copies in existence :-)