Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news about Arkangel3

Sad news about Arkangel3

So saddened to learn that Ken, aka Arkangel, lost his battle with lung cancer today.. This one really hits home..

Yes, very sad indeed...

He is missed already. Spoke to him only a couple weekends ago about our mutual cancer concerns and experiences.
    Condolences to the entire Walsh family.
    There is no such thing as a stupid question. There are, however, a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Rest in peace, Arkangel3.

I know you're reading this - somewhere, somehow.

Sorry that I missed your "anniversary" last month (you know what I mean) - it's the first one I missed - but I guess you had far bigger things on your mind.

We remember you fondly.

I'm moving this to the MAIN forum - because Ken was such an integral part of PE for so long.
    Regards,

Duncan

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Damn.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm very sorry to hear this. He was a good contributor here. I'm sad to think that he won't make it to the Marillion 2015 weekend as he had hoped.

R.I.P.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

My fellow birthday buddy, a wonderful contributor to PE over the many years. Loved your enthusiasm and positive energy. May you be in a better place now. Rest in Peace, Ark.

So very sorry to learn of Ken's passing. May he rest in peace.

Wow. Very sorry to hear this. I loved to read his passionate posts.

RIP Ken.

RIP....sorry to hear this.

I will miss his posts....

My deepest condolences to his friends and family. I never got to meet Ken, but was always impressed by his enthusiasm and energy. Even more so once I learned of his ongoing health struggles.

He was a true fan in the best sense of the word and will be missed.

RIP

RIP, Ken.... :-(
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. - A. M. Beal

wow just shocked. one of the good ones for sure.

Such an eloquent writer and an even better human being. My warmest condolences to the Walsh family as he was much beloved here on PE.

Charles
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

His love for music and exhuberant personality gave this forum a lot of character. RIP Mr. Walsh.

Like me, Ken loved Yes in all of it's incarnations,so for you my sweet friend I give you music to sail to Heaven upon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=o6KOX31PtN8

RIP dear sir.

His last post, from one week ago:

I am SO happy for all you guys who made the convention...looks like an *amazing* time was had by all! I was considering going with the missus, but I wasn't sure how I'd hold up with my illness in a foreign country...good thing I didn't go as the lungs were not cooperating for the better part of a week. My goal is to live long enough to make it to 2015 and finally get to see these guys in my favorite city on the planet...I'll make sure I'm there, trust me!

SLAY THAT DRAGON!

Horrible news.

Ken was so passionate about music and a great contributor!

RIP, Ken.

Sad news....rest in peace Ken.

Very sad.... Ken was ok in my book..... God Speed Arkangel3,rest well my friend..
    Knowing how to listen to music is as great a talent as knowing how to make it..

Ken was a great guy. Anyone who had any kind of interaction with him found that our quickly. Once he was diagnosed with stage III lung cancer this day was a certainty. But it's still a shock to have it arrive. My thoughts are with his wife and daughters tonight.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    This is when you think there is no f##king justice in the world. Talk about cutting a vibrant life short. Ken was one of the life bloods of PE. I sense Ken was a champion of adversary for his whole life. He was very open about his health issues on PE. I am truly saddened. RIP.

I also found his struggles with Bi-Polar disorder, something he was totally transparent about on PE, very courageous and inspiring.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)