Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musicians Who Died Too Young

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Not to sound like a total dick, but I wish some of those talentless pop tarts would die, so they can stop hogging up the news.
    Maybe you're relying on the wrong news sources. I rarely read anything about those young women to whom I assume you refer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Maybe you're relying on the wrong news sources. I rarely read anything about those young women to whom I assume you refer.
    TMZ was always covering the crazy antics of a certain Brittney Spears. From her shaving her head to showing up unannounced at K-Fed's house when he had custody of their kids while she was supposedly in rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Hey, I had mentioned a 50 minute documentary on Keith. I couldn't find it but here is a much shorter version?

The first clip was earlier history this is a bit on more recent:

Thanks for sharing. Good stuff!
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Not to sound like a total dick, but I wish some of those talentless pop tarts would die, so they can stop hogging up the news.
    TMZ was always covering the crazy antics of a certain Brittney Spears. From her shaving her head to showing up unannounced at K-Fed's house when he had custody of their kids while she was supposedly in rehab.
    What, are you worried that TMZ has limited space or resources to cover this kind of "news?" Like they'll miss some more "important" celebrity antics because they're covering Brittany Spears? That seems pretty harsh to want a young mother to die just so you can enjoy a wider variety of celebrity gossip.

Hey, did anyone else catch the biography of Harry Nilsson that was on PBS recently? Pretty interesting. I really knew nothing about him before that, I just remembered watching The Point as a kid.

I have to mention John Glascock (Carmen/Jethro Tull), taken from us far too young because of a heart condition.

TMZ was always covering the crazy antics of a certain Brittney Spears.
    Why are you watching TMZ? That stuff’ll rot your brain!

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:“Przed premierą”-SBB/Ze słowem biegnę do ciebie

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I have to mention John Glascock (Carmen/Jethro Tull), taken from us far too young because of a heart condition.
    A "heart condition" exacerbated by a huge consumption of drugs/alcohol.

Makes me think of the drummer Jeff Porcaro: the "official" *line* on his death states it's from a reaction to lawn care chemicals while he was mowing his lawn (!). Oh, yeah, and his enormous ingestion of cocaine had nothing to do with it!
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')

Banned
    What, are you worried that TMZ has limited space or resources to cover this kind of "news?" Like they'll miss some more "important" celebrity antics because they're covering Brittany Spears? That seems pretty harsh to want a young mother to die just so you can enjoy a wider variety of celebrity gossip.
    No, I don't want Spears to die because she hogs TMZ. I just think it's dumb that we loose people with more talent than her, yet she still lives. Actually, that comment would apply more to Lindsay Lohan now that I think about it. At least it seem like Brittney has cleaned up her life, whereas Miss Lohan has not.

Hey, did anyone else catch the biography of Harry Nilsson that was on PBS recently? Pretty interesting. I really knew nothing about him before that, I just remembered watching The Point as a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post

Why are you watching TMZ? That stuff’ll rot your brain!

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:“Przed premierą”-SBB/Ze słowem biegnę do ciebie
    I don't actually watch TMZ. I just watch their commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by syncopatico View Post
    A "heart condition" exacerbated by a huge consumption of drugs/alcohol.

Makes me think of the drummer Jeff Porcaro: the "official" *line* on his death states it's from a reaction to lawn care chemicals while he was mowing his lawn (!). Oh, yeah, and his enormous ingestion of cocaine had nothing to do with it!
    Actually, a corner's report did come to light saying that he arteries had hardened due to massive amounts of cocaine consumption.