Thread: Going to see The Musical Box do TLLDOB next thursday....

Going to see The Musical Box do TLLDOB next thursday....

.....never seen them before so i'm really looking forward to it.

Just thought i'd share my anticipation :-)
    And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

I only saw them for the first time this last fall, also doing LLDoB - I had a blast. Very impressive performance.

Enjoy!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I've seen them do Lamb twice, and their Selling England and Trick of the Tail tours as well. You won't be disappointed.

Have seen them 3 times.
    The SEBTP tour was surreal , so authentic !
    TLLDOB tour was great but they had a different drummer that wasnt as good as the one on the previous tour !
    Then saw them again on the Second's Out tour but the singer struggled in his Phil Collins role but still enjoyable !

The Levac era was astounding! I saw them do the Foxtrot, Selling England By The Pound and The Lamb and the band was astoundingly brilliant all three times. The Foxtrot date was my favorite of them all.
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

Foxtrot = 1 show
    SEBTP = 6 shows
    LLDOB= 4 shows

So trust me. You will have a great time, and Yes Martin Levac was the best drummer they have had.

DtB

I had a blast at this show. Getting to see the original backdrops was a real eye-opener.

You'll have fun, enjoy!
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

You're going to be transported into the musical past... . Enjoy the ride... .

Peace,
    Alex

Saw them in January 2006 in Geneva, Switzerland doing TLLDOB as well and it was wonderful. I feel pretty confident in saying that you will be overwhelmed (if you like genesis 70-75) in that I saw the original in March '75 with PG in Annecy, France; this is as close to the real thing as possible.

Ed

I hope you really enjoy their show. I know that I do. I have now seen them 35 times and can't wait to see them again. This is their last Lamb tour. Then they will do another Selling tour next according to their merch guy.

Now i'm really looking forward to it. I'll be going with the singer from my band (anubis gate) who is a fan of Gabriel era Genesis. (I'm an all era fan myself)

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    I hope you really enjoy their show. I know that I do. I have now seen them 35 times and can't wait to see them again. This is their last Lamb tour. Then they will do another Selling tour next according to their merch guy.

That is good news, I haven't seen the SEbtP tour and they draw well here, so I'm sure they'll come!
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Ok just got home from the concert. It was indeed FANTASTIC. So many times i completely forgot it wasn't Genesis on stage. A small observation. The drummer was not as adventureous as Collins was on live Lamb. Somehow it sounded as if the Collins from When In Rome came by and drummed. Which did not extract from my enjoyment.

So glad i went to see this. If the SEBTP toir hits Denmark i'm there for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Olesen View Post
    Ok just got home from the concert. It was indeed FANTASTIC. So many times i completely forgot it wasn't Genesis on stage. A small observation. The drummer was not as adventureous as Collins was on live Lamb. Somehow it sounded as if the Collins from When In Rome came by and drummed. Which did not extract from my enjoyment.

So glad i went to see this. If the SEBTP toir hits Denmark i'm there for sure.
    Pleased you enjoyed the gig ...i personally would only go & see them with Levac back on drums !