Thread: Progglådan [Prog-box] 40CDs Live Recordings of Swedish Alternative Music

Progglådan [Prog-box] 40CDs Live Recordings of Swedish Alternative Music

Such a complete overkill release. Coste Apetrea (Samla Mammas Mamma) has collected some 38 hours of alternative music from the 70s and 83 different bands that have been buried in the archive of the Swedish Radio. Released for the first time.

Four categories: Heavy Rock and Blues, Instrumental+experimental+prog-pioneers+punk, Folk Prog, Singersongwriters, Melodic Rock.

Definitely an autobuy for a very, very few, but fun news.

Not much info at the moment.

http://sverigesradiobutiken.noxshop....3&item_id=7466

Google translate is your friend
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

I've heard about this before, but somehow it sounded almost too extensive and exhaustive to be quite believable. Still, I suppose some of these titles will be made available in smaller packages - by theme, genre, time period etc.? Can't see the possibility of all that many people buying 40 CDs of this stuff in a single take.

For instance, I seem to remember the Harald Hedning recordings being featured here; they were initially released in a limited edition by Garageland Records back in 2002 or thereabout. If any of the other titles included are of a similar quality in terms of sound, historical importance etc. then this whole deal will certainly be of interest.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

If i understand correctly, these are all live radio perfomances? Looks really cool... some well known (in prog circles) names and some completely unknown. I would totally buy the Instrumental+experimental+prog-pioneers+punk set and the Folk Prog set if they were sold separately.

Coste contacted me about this as he was working on it last year. It's completely over-whelming.

and, afaik, it's only available as THE SET....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

That is an insane amount of music.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    That's about $277US. Yeesh.

Should be released before Christmas, otherwise I don't see that many buying it. However, some very interesting stuff in there. Hopefully the sound quality is on par.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Coste contacted me about this as he was working on it last year. It's completely over-whelming.

and, afaik, it's only available as THE SET....
    Will you carry it, Steve?

Will we carry it?

Honestly, i am afraid to. It seems to me that the only folks who would 'get' the various styles featured would be Swedes; and it seems unlikely THEY'LL buy it from us...they will buy it from swedish dealers so there isn't the shipping issue (both ways!) of a 40 cd set....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Me want.

Seems like they ought to just release the 10CD "Instrumentalla/Experimentella/Urproggare/Punk" set on its own too.

^^^ If they did release the 10 cd sets separately, or a compilation, I would seriously consider buying some of this. It looks really great. But I can't even imagine how long it would take me to get through all 38 discs! I would have to pretty much stop listening to anything else.

I have really liked Swedish rock (of all types, not just prog...) ever since my father brought a Pugh Rogefeldt album back home for me after a Swedish business trip, circa 1975. Though I don't understand a word of it, the language just sounds so great for rock music.

I would consider this purchase......but I can't make heads or tails of the web page........not a good idea when the dollar amount is considerable.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Auto-buy!

Sent an e-mail to the sales Department for help in purchasing this boxed set. Thanks for the Google hint Anna but it would not translate for me down to the order page.....just left a "white" page. This "hunt" has become interesting......I'm looking forward to what the final "sticker shock" will be. Hey, compared to the "Family" boxed set from Burning Shed......this ought to be right in the Ballpark........and its cheaper than going on a Prog Cruise!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

^ As I said above, the price converted to $277US, but I think that was without shipping. Maybe it was with shipping, I forget.

Received a reply from the website. They do not accept Paypal. Was informed that they could send an invoice I could take to my bank and I can get a Bank Draft. I asked for one 3 weeks ago, but as of yet, have heard nothing back. Some way, some how, I'm going to get this......

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Received a reply from the website. They do not accept Paypal. Was informed that they could send an invoice I could take to my bank and I can get a Bank Draft. I asked for one 3 weeks ago, but as of yet, have heard nothing back. Some way, some how, I'm going to get this......
    I got one back in the 80s. It cost me 25% of the cost of the item. Extortionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Will we carry it?

Honestly, i am afraid to. It seems to me that the only folks who would 'get' the various styles featured would be Swedes; and it seems unlikely THEY'LL buy it from us...they will buy it from swedish dealers so there isn't the shipping issue (both ways!) of a 40 cd set....
    I think you are completely right.

You can get it here (scandinavian online CD/DVDcompany): http://cdon.se/search?category=1769&...%A5dan&x=0&y=0 1899 swedish kroner. + shipping
    Rather expensive IMO.