Thread: Robert Zildjian has passed away

Robert Zildjian has passed away

RIP to Mr. Zildjian.

Hope the company will carry on

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    His name may have appeared in CD/LP/etc. booklets more than almost any other. Probably one of the top three at least.

Appropriate bumper sticker: "My Other Ride Is A Zildjian"
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')

Ludwig Drums and Zildjian cymbals

In the credits of every classic KISS album, so probably the first album credits I ever read.

R.I.P. Mr. Zildjian.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Ah, so Robert started Sabian (finally read his obit).

My Sabian flat bell ride (which the previous owner had customized with rivets) which i bought used, second hand, is the best sounding ride cymbal i've ever heard! R.I.P. Robert Z.
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')

Quote Originally Posted by syncopatico View Post
    Ah, so Robert started Sabian (finally read his obit).

My Sabian flat bell ride (which the previous owner had customized with rivets) which i bought used, second hand, is the best sounding ride cymbal i've ever heard! R.I.P. Robert Z.
    Yeah, the Zildjian family have actually been making cymbals for centuries, and there was a major rift in the family that led to Robert going off and starting Sabian.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Yeah, the Zildjian family have actually been making cymbals for centuries, and there was a major rift in the family that led to Robert going off and starting Sabian.
    Yeah, and I tend to like the Sabians better than Zildjians nowadays. Kudos and RIP to the man.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Yeah, i am well familiar with the Zildjian name: Armand, Avedis... (just not Robert's until i read he was Sabian's founder).
    Which i should have known, being that as i wrote, my Sabian flatbell ride (customized with rivets, one is missing) is the best sounding ride cymbal i've ever heard. Clear and distinct as a bell.