Thread: Blogging Questions

Blogging Questions

ewkbd
    Last edited by Corbie; 04-04-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    "Where the light is brightest, the shadows are deepest"
    Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Corbie View Post
    I need some input here, guys.

Pal of mine has blog. He doesn't publicise it in any way and doesn't connect his name to it. It's there for one particular person to see and the fictions presented there have meanings specific to that person. It's a thread that joins them, slender and ephemeral but quite vibrant. BUT..... the words are out there and he's doing some good work. There's a strong chance that one day he might want to recycle some of the entries and incorporate them into a novel. Who knows, it might even be commercially viable.

There are concerns then about copyright issues. I mean, can he put this stuff out there as he is and still expect it to be protected if somebody rips it off?

Thanks!
    He should make sure he declares the copyrights on the site and he'll be protected. He can also go the extra step to state the copyright at the end of each entry. He can go to the expense of registering his copyright, but he likely doesn't have to do that. Similar to trademarking, rights can hinge on "first use." One way to preserve that is to print out the writings and have them dated and notarized.

I'm pretty sure he can find some good advice online.

Cool!

Many thanks.
    "Where the light is brightest, the shadows are deepest"
    Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Corbie View Post
    Cool!

Many thanks.
    For the record, I am not a trademark or copyright attorney. I'm just a guy who deals with some of this stuff. There's plenty of good advice online.

It would also be beneficial to see what other bloggers are doing.