Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Name one band u love to death when u hear news of them entering studiio

Quote Originally Posted by prognoir View Post
    u want them to rush make cd and its in your hands

the flower kings and richie kotzen r my 2 lol tfk is my main one
    me want cardiacs make more many cd fav band me lol sad ts sick long time no cd many year him get better mayB new cd be gr8 M8 c.u.

Today the band is Tool. There has been rumors for a new album for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    Is the question for 12-year-olds? Or do you mean "Name one band that would excite you if you heard they were entering the studio to record new music?"
    is this your first prognoir thread?

Apes and Androids

Minimum Vital

Deus Ex Machina
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

District 97

Quote Originally Posted by simon moon View Post
    Deus Ex Machina
    Wow! "God of the Machine" what sort of music do they play with a name like that?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    me want cardiacs make more many cd fav band me lol sad ts sick long time no cd many year him get better mayB new cd be gr8 M8 c.u.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

For the last few years, maybe Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Maybe.

Otherwise, no one.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    For the last few years, maybe Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Maybe.

Otherwise, no one.
    How do you like their latest? I dig it, but I haven't heard much buzz about it or them, since it's initial release.

I'd grade it a B+, maybe. I think "Mladic" is excellent! I like "We Drift..." but not nearly as much. Incidentally, I saw them in Louisville and they played Mladic. It was so freakin' powerful, live... as was their whole set.

As for the lack of buzz, I don't know. But then, has GYBE ever gotten a ton of buzz?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'd grade it a B+, maybe. I think "Mladic" is excellent! I like "We Drift..." but not nearly as much. Incidentally, I saw them in Louisville and they played Mladic. It was so freakin' powerful, live... as was their whole set.

As for the lack of buzz, I don't know. But then, has GYBE ever gotten a ton of buzz?
    True about the buzz, but in certain circles they used to get a lot more before their hiatus or maybe I'm just not in that scene as much? I would agree about the B+ rating on the album. I saw them just after they reformed, in a former church in NYC and it was very powerful; even with the 7+ seconds of natural reverb!

BTW, I really like the last two A Silver Mt. Zion records as well. Lots of fuzzy guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomview
    ...even with the 7+ seconds of natural reverb!
    That's hilarious.

BTW, I really like the last two A Silver Mt. Zion records as well. Lots of fuzzy guitar!
    I only have Born Into Trouble..., which I couldn't get into. How do their last two compare? How do they compare to GYBE's latest?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    the beatles

I only have Born Into Trouble..., which I couldn't get into. How do their last two compare? How do they compare to GYBE's latest?
    Very, very different. I too couldn't really get into the first 2 albums. To me they seemed like GSY!BE lite with out-of-tune piano. They have their charm, but nothing great. '13 Blues for Thirteen Moons' and 'Kollaps Tradixionales' really rock at times. The vocals are still an acquired taste, but I can dig it. I still need to check out a few of their mid-period albums to see if I like those as well.

Check out the samples:
    http://www.allmusic.com/album/13-blu...s-mw0000504416
    http://www.allmusic.com/album/kollap...s-mw0001959599

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomview View Post
    Very, very different. I too couldn't really get into the first 2 albums. To me they seemed like GSY!BE lite with out-of-tune piano. They have their charm, but nothing great. '13 Blues for Thirteen Moons' and 'Kollaps Tradixionales' really rock at times. The vocals are still an acquired taste, but I can dig it. I still need to check out a few of their mid-period albums to see if I like those as well.

Check out the samples:
    http://www.allmusic.com/album/13-blu...s-mw0000504416
    http://www.allmusic.com/album/kollap...s-mw0001959599
    They are different then Godspeed's latest. More like a rock band, but in a good way.

prognoir is basically my faovirite poster on PE, seriously

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    prognoir is basically my faovirite poster on PE, seriously
    couldzzzz...he mayBeez bez a replazment for Zeee bopzzz?

Banned
    Yes. Btw, why are so many people using this thread to make fun of Prognoir? English is not his first language.

Gilmour, Waters and Mason.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Yes. Btw, why are so many people using this thread to make fun of Prognoir? English is not his first language.
    Apparently whatever is his first language doesn't include any punctuation or capitalization.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.