Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: OptiquesJeff... Difficult health news..

Thank you everyone... Your support means so much to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolinCyndee View Post
    Thank you everyone... Your support means so much to us.
    Likewise to me as well.
    There is no such thing as a stupid question. There are, however, a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnibee View Post
    Good luck today with the chemo. You both are in my thoughts and in my heart. *hugs*
    Thank you Mel... Chemo wasn't as bad this time as it was last time..

Chemo wasn't as bad this time as it was last time..
    Glad to hear that!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

I wish you and Jeff the best luck as you begin chemo. It is important to try and remain positive, even though at times it may seem impossible. My heart goes out to the both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    I wish you and Jeff the best luck as you begin chemo. It is important to try and remain positive, even though at times it may seem impossible. My heart goes out to the both of you.
    Thanks MM.. yes, this is the most difficult part--especially considering the loss of our friend, Ken (Arkangel3), too.. Trying to focus on the mini-goal of getting the test results back in about a month..

If good thoughts have the power to heal....

Many, many good thoughts are going your way.

My very best wishes for strength & peace.

Kevin/Casey

Jeff, I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you and Cyn during this difficult time. Stay strong.

Thanks Sean, and everyone....

sending warm thoughts and prayers for you jeff and cyn too

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Cyndee & Jeff - I just saw this thread now. I'm really sorry to hear about this. I hope things go well with the chemo. Thanks for letting us know and keeping us informed.

Jed

Thanks everyone... Chemo wasn't as bad this week as the first time a few weeks ago. He has had a decent appetite, and has spent some time outside. Of course, he is very tired.. Hoping to try to keep him positive, even with the loss of his cancer 'brother', Ken... (we will be going to the viewing tomorrow).

Glad to hear that you guys had an "easier" week. Here's hoping each week gets progressively () easier.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

We hope so too, Scott..

Stay positive!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Glad to hear that you guys had an "easier" week. Here's hoping each week gets progressively () easier.
    Yes, but that will probably not be the case, since it is cumulative in your body. We are just happy that this time was not so bad. His hair is definitely coming out now, and I just tried buzzing him out on the deck with his beard trimmer, but it didn't really cut well enough. Need to get a proper razor for buzzing! (or just take him to get it done quickly--prob cheaper, too)...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you and Jeff the most positive thoughts.

Jefferson James
    Just visited this page for the first time, and saw this. Been aware and in touch via Facebook and happy to see some positive news! Love to you, Cyndee and of course Jeff.

What's the latest for those of us who don't do FB, CynJeff?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    What's the latest for those of us who don't do FB, CynJeff?
    Hey Geezer.....thanks for asking. Things are still pretty tough here. We still have to wait a bit longer before the updated CT/PET and MRI scans are taken. They will be compared to the original scans to see if the chemo is working to shrink the tumors, making them operable. We should know in a few weeks.. Very nerve-wracking to not know. We are both very anxious, and Jeff was very depressed today. On the other hand, his appetite has been pretty decent, so that is good.. He gained a few pounds at his last weigh-in, though is still very thin. He will have his 3rd chemo treatment on Monday, then an appointment with the oncologist again on Thursday. Hopefully, we will be able to schedule the new scans soon..

I don't know you, Cyndee (I'm new to PE), so I hesitated to write a comment yesterday when I noticed this thread, but since it popped up again this morning I just wanted to let you know I'm sending out positive energy and thoughts to you and Jeff. My mother just got her two-year "cancer free" diagnosis, and I just wanted to let you know that I can empathize a bit with your experience. I was my mom's support person during chemo and operation -- she had stage III bladder cancer -- and while the chemo was nasty stuff to deal with, it certainly did its job and shrunk her tumor down. She had her bladder removed, along with everything else adjacent, and she had "clean margins," which I attribute to the chemo. Hang in there and keep visualizing those tumors shrinking (((hug)))

We are both very anxious, and Jeff was very depressed today.
    I can't even imagine.

However, if it helps at all, know that many of us are praying hard, sending the most positive vibes, and have you both in intense virtual hugs.

We've got your back.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

We are both very anxious, and Jeff was very depressed today.
    Positive thoughts and prayers coming at you guys from myself and Amanda.

Quote Originally Posted by VickiLynn View Post
    I don't know you, Cyndee (I'm new to PE), so I hesitated to write a comment yesterday when I noticed this thread, but since it popped up again this morning I just wanted to let you know I'm sending out positive energy and thoughts to you and Jeff. My mother just got her two-year "cancer free" diagnosis, and I just wanted to let you know that I can empathize a bit with your experience. I was my mom's support person during chemo and operation -- she had stage III bladder cancer -- and while the chemo was nasty stuff to deal with, it certainly did its job and shrunk her tumor down. She had her bladder removed, along with everything else adjacent, and she had "clean margins," which I attribute to the chemo. Hang in there and keep visualizing those tumors shrinking (((hug)))
    I really appreciate this... Nice to see you as a new member here on PE, too, and that's great news about your mom, too..

Huge thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread!

I just saw this now. Very sad to read this Cyndee, life isn't fair. Here's hoping for a full recovery for Jeff. Cancer can be beaten!